Dubrovnik, Croatia to Venice, Rome 9/02/06

dog_lover

A couple of months ago we did a Venice to Athens itinerary on SD 1. It was our 14th trip on Sea Goddess/Seabourn Goddess/Sea Dream and definitely one of our favorite itineraries. I haven't compared your ports to ours but I expect a lot of them are the same.

Dubrovnik was an unexpected surprise. All the good things people say about it are true, if not an understatement. Venice was, well, Venice. What can you say about Venice other than it was also great.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Thanks for the feedback. Croatia is apparently the new "hot destination", and I'm all for "new and different". I bought a Croatian guidebook (Lonely Planet Publishing) and the ports look absolutely amazing. Lots of interesting stuff to see and do. But, as you probably know, the ship is the real destination, and the ports are just gravy. This was, of course, a big splurge for me. At $4200 for a 7 night cruise (not including airfare to Dubrovnik!), I was worried about the "cost to benefit" ratio... all I have read about SeaDream prompted me to throw caution to the wind and go for it.

Archived