Just returned from Carnival Magic - in Belize...

tea4ular

In Belize we booked independently through Cavetubing dot bz - Vitalino Reyes and his entire team provided an amazing excursion that included a home-cooked meal (outside, under a shaded canopy) at his home. Unlike other similar cavetubing experiences, we did not have to carry our tubes on the "hike" (mostly flat, and through a beautiful forest, took about 25 minutes to walk) - the water at the river was chillier than I'd expected, but I kept having to remind myself it WAS fresh water cascading down from mountains. It wasn't "cold" just chilly!

The bluest water we saw on the trip was in Roatan, and it was what we think of when we think of the Caribbean sea.

For reference, we are two best friends (over 40 years) in our late 50s and early 60s.

I may cruise Carnival Magic in Sept 2016 with the itinerary that includes Belize and Roatan.

The Belize excursion sounds exotic; would 3 ladies near age 60 fare well on it if we aren't in great shape?

Did you love Magic? Will you post a review?

I may cruise Carnival Magic in Sept 2016 with the itinerary that includes Belize and Roatan.

The Belize excursion sounds exotic; would 3 ladies near age 60 fare well on it if we aren't in great shape?

Did you love Magic? Will you post a review?

So my traveling companion is my BFF of 42 years, and she is in less than good shape, and 64 years old. She had a blast on this excursion! (We both did) A couple of times she needed a hand but for the most part it was easy going. :p

We DID enjoy the ship and today I will (finally) write and post my review.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can you tell me if the port in Belize has a cruise ship pier or is it still Tendered?

We are on the Magic in January and last time we were in Belize it was Tendered.

It's still a tender. Can't imagine that changing any time soon due to the coral they need to protect, as tourism is such a huge part of their income.