New to MSC cruises - good fit for us?

gratamama

Help! Our family and another family (5 kids total, ages range 1 yo to 13 yo) are planning a spring break. Maybe cruise, maybe all inclusive. Want to have a great time, but want to be budget conscious, too!

Today I see MSC Divina for week of March 26 at $399/ pp. (eastern Carribean, which we want.) I know nothing about MSC or Divina.

* Is food really a problem?

* kids are mainly pool rats. Is kids club stuff OK? (I assume its not quite as catering as Carnival.)

* evening entertainment ok? We love comedians, nice places to have drinks. Both husbands are really good musicians and will disect musical offerings....)

Thanks!

Just a head's up on the price: I believe the $399 price is for a guaranteed inside cabin.

If you are planning on having more then two passengers in a cabin, you may run into a problem as not all cabins can accommodate more then two passengers and the guaranteed rate is not usually available for cabins holding more than two passengers.

You will pay more to select a specific cabin and the cabins available may be a much higher category and price than an inside.

Musical Entertainment is not of the highest quality with all the budget cuts nowadays. I think your husbands might have a few issues there.

It's all "fake" backing for the singers - hardly any real musicians.

You need to go with the more expensive cruise lines to get a classier act.

As long as your expectations aren't too high, you could have a wonderful time with MSC. They have nice bars to sit in and the musical acts take regular breaks!

It's a cheap holiday for a family - you'll not starve either as the selection of food they offer is huge! It's not all pizza and pasta as some people suggest. Portions are small but if you have every course you will be satisfied. :)

Caryl

Musical Entertainment is not of the highest quality with all the budget cuts nowadays. I think your husbands might have a few issues there.

It's all "fake" backing for the singers - hardly any real musicians.

You need to go with the more expensive cruise lines to get a classier act.

As long as your expectations aren't too high, you could have a wonderful time with MSC. They have nice bars to sit in and the musical acts take regular breaks!

It's a cheap holiday for a family - you'll not starve either as the selection of food they offer is huge! It's not all pizza and pasta as some people suggest. Portions are small but if you have every course you will be satisfied. :)

Caryl

I respectfully disagree :D on my Msc Fantasia cruise there was a live band on both manhattan and insolito lounges. Also i saw piano, violin and live singers on the atrium.