Questions about Cayman Food tour

helpmesailaway

The Cayman food tour sounds amazing and I just love trying lots of different goodies to eat - however a few concerns.

Is most of the food spicy? I'm ok but my husband is not so is there enough to enjoy that is not spicy.

We enjoy seafood so was wondering how the balance is between seafood and meat?

Thank you so much for any info.

Is most of the food spicy? I'm ok but my husband is not so is there enough to enjoy that is not spicy.

We enjoy seafood so was wondering how the balance is between seafood and meat?

Last January when we went on this tour I found plenty to eat that was not spicy. Most of the hot spicy was in sauces/dips rather than the food itself. We were always told if something was spicy hot at the beginning of that part of the meal. Grand Cayman is known for its pepper sauces.

Most of the portions were appetizer size as we were eating our way around and there was no reason for meal size portions everywhere.

This is where we ate and what we had at each stop we ate at. Some stops are cultural between food stops.

Our first stop was at Guy Harvey's for a fish, plaintain and rice and beans.

At the National Museum we sampled a special tea and pepper jelly. (Way to hot for my taste.

We stopped at Singh's Roti Shop for a small portion of Roti - with optional hot and very extra hot sauce. Local beer sample was included here.

Next foor stop was Tortuga Rum Company for samples of rum (and punch if you wanted) and rum cake.

Our last stop was at Casanova by the Sea for Italian - Creamy Tomato Basil sauce over pasta and chicken, some bread and some of the best Tiramisu I've ever had.

Edited by spirit rev

Thank you Spirit Rev - Hope there are enough people on day our ship is there. Do you know if there is a minimum number to run the tour.

You are welcome. I enjoyed the tour a lot so don't mind telling folks about it. There is ample time to shop (or find a beach for a short time) following the tour.

I don't know if there is a minimum number of people needed for her to run the tour. If I remember correctly there were 11 or 12 of us in the group that day. We were from both of the ships in port that day. I posted info about this excursion on my roll call and at least one other couple joined us that way.