pv time vs ship time

aawheat

We just got off the Miracle on 10/17, and the shore time is an hour ahead in BOTH Puerto Vallarta and Cabo. The ship time will shift an hour the night before you get to PV, but it is still an hour off.

So for example, if it is 9 a.m. on the ship, it's 8 a.m. on shore.

Hope that helps! Have a great time!

• 5 months later...

So I'm having a dumb moment (sorry [emoji4]). So with daylight savings time, Puerto Vallarta time is now 2 hours ahead of Long Beach time. We are scheduled to arrive in port at 8:00 am. Is that 8:00am port time (6:00 am ship) or 10:00am port (8:00 am ship)? Thanks in advance.

were going on the miracle in january to puerto vallarta any idea if ship time will match pv time in january ?

Ship's time will be one hour behind PV local time. If ship's arrival time says 8 am, it will be 9 am local time.

So I'm having a dumb moment (sorry [emoji4]). So with daylight savings time, Puerto Vallarta time is now 2 hours ahead of Long Beach time. We are scheduled to arrive in port at 8:00 am. Is that 8:00am port time (6:00 am ship) or 10:00am port (8:00 am ship)? Thanks in advance.

Yes, PV local time is 2 hours ahead of Long beach time. The Miracle will change their clocks before arriving at PV by moving them forward 1 hour, so ship's time will still be 1 hour behind local time.

If you are arriving at 8 am ship's time, it will be 9 am local time.

Do not rely on your phone to adjust to correct time. I once did on a Mexican Riviera cruise and almost missed my excursion. Now I always carry a watch in my backpack. Set the watch to ship time. The only time I want to think about on a cruise is that it is always 5 o'clock somewhere.

Funtimes will give you when watches should be adjusted, but they advise you to stay on ship's time. Carnival-run tours will be on Ship.time , but if you go off on your own, you are responsible for getting back on time

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

Gekoaz hit it on head.

Get a cheap watch (they have them on board for $10).

Set it to ships time, whatever that may be.

Don't worry about daylight savings, etc. Stay on ships time and you'll be fine.

You'll get plenty of notice when the ship changes time.

We were on Princess last Feb and they did the same thing. My wife's phone kept changing while my $10 watch stayed where I left it.

If you are booking an excursion on your own, they will tall you LOCAL TIME.

So, for example:

You have booked Los Veranos Zip Line for 10 am.

Your ship time will say it is 9 am, and you will miss your excursion.

When we were on Miracle in August, 2 families had to pay $30 cab fare to get them up mountain to the zip line, cuz they missed the included transportation due to being on wrong time.

It CAN be confusing, so better be HEADS UP now, as you are trying to do.

Good luck, have fun.

If you are booking an excursion on your own, they will tall you LOCAL TIME.

So, for example:

You have booked Los Veranos Zip Line for 10 am.

Your ship time will say it is 9 am, and you will miss your excursion.

When we were on Miracle in August, 2 families had to pay $30 cab fare to get them up mountain to the zip line, cuz they missed the included transportation due to being on wrong time.

It CAN be confusing, so better be HEADS UP now, as you are trying to do.

Good luck, have fun.

Garbage, my son is a Captain in St. Thomas. The shore excursion companies have contracts with different cruise lines. They all know local time and ships time, their company depends on it. For instance on my son's excursion, he is contracted with Princess and Royal Caribbean. They are prohibited from excepting guests from those ships unless they are booked through the ship. They also take out hotel guests and CCL guests who booked privately for less money. On a trip to Jost Van Dyke from St.Thomas he had 60 guests and they lost power. The owner of the company called all the cruise ships agents and they sent over another boat to pick up the guests, all the cruise ships waited.

i AM CONFUSED:

You specifically said your son contracts with cruise ships...

What part of my post regarding a person booking an excursion on their own, and making sure they were aware of local time..is GARBAGE??

You are Correct, any excursion booked through the ship will ensure return to ship, and be scheduled on ship's time.

My comments, meant to aide the OP regarding PV time vs Ship's time, was to give an opinion based on our 8 cruises on this itinerary....

If you feel my post is GARBAGE, will you kindly explain in more detail so everyone reading this post can have clarification.

Sorry poster, but based on some of the responses in this thread, My EXPERIENCE leads me to fear you are getting conflicting and erroneous information.

Best of luck.

Garbage, my son is a Captain in St. Thomas. The shore excursion companies have contracts with different cruise lines. They all know local time and ships time, their company depends on it. For instance on my son's excursion, he is contracted with Princess and Royal Caribbean. They are prohibited from excepting guests from those ships unless they are booked through the ship. They also take out hotel guests and CCL guests who booked privately for less money. On a trip to Jost Van Dyke from St.Thomas he had 60 guests and they lost power. The owner of the company called all the cruise ships agents and they sent over another boat to pick up the guests, all the cruise ships waited.

Since the OP was talking about PV, not St Thomas, your post has little to do with the subject. Puerto Vallarta tour company's do more business with local hotels and resorts then cruise ships so they list all their tour times using local time. We have visited PV both on cruises and land based vacations and know how the tour company's work.

Ship's will list their excursions using ship time.

So, no garbage from the other posters.

Edited by welldone60