Dover - Harry Potter Warner Bros Tour?

hmmerr01

Can someone help me with this? I am interested in a tour going to the Harry Potter Warner Bro Stages on the day we disembark our ship in June. I am getting horrendous stories on International Friends...which is the tour company that I registered with doing the day tour that picks cruise passengers. This past year's tour passengers seem to have had awful experiences with this company doing day trips from the cruise ports. (left behind passengers, half of the time alloted for the excursions, etc). Now I am a nervous wreck. Does anyone know of any other reputable companies that do this day tour from Dover? for arriving cruise passengers?

I used International Friends for my post cruise travel to London from Dover when I was on the Ocean Princess in August 2014.

There was only 12 passengers on our coach. We had a walking tour in Canterbury then time on our own. After our Leeds Castle tour, there was only 2 groups staying in London so we switched to a small van, that driver asked if we had been to a certain part of London, which we had not so he was nice to drive around the area on the way to our hotel. The driver was not sure of our hotel's address so when he stopped both driver and tour guide came in to make sure it was the correct hotel.

I had no problems with them and would recommend them. It was a great way to get from Dover to London or LHR for a late flight or LHR hotels and see a different part of Britain.

hmmerr01 ~

I have no personal knowledge of any such tours from Dover to the Warner Bros studio, but based on the location of the studio--near Watford, some 20 miles northwest of London--it seems extremely unlikely to me that any such tours would originate in Dover. In other words, Watford isn't on the way to London from Dover--it is clear on the other side of London, necessitating a longish drive on the M25 to skirt London.

Assuming that you will be spending at least one night in London after your cruise, you would be much better off taking the train from London Euston to Watford Junction, from where there is a shuttle bus to the studio:

https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/plan-your-visit/getting-here

International Friends do offer this tour but only on days that Disney cruise ships are visiting Dover. Price is £100 each adult so not cheap but it also includes the transfer to your London hotel so that makes it reasonable.

A full day tour and hotel transfer with collection at your cruise terminal. This service is available when Disney cruise ships are visiting Dover. You will be driven in an air conditioned touring bus for a magical day out at Warner Bros Studio Tour - The Making of Harry Potter.' A truly unique attraction that that allows you to experience the magic that has gone into creating the most successful film series of all time. At the end of the day the coach will take you to the central London hotels listed on the link below, followed by Heathrow hotels.

I looked on Tripadvisor and there were a few bad reviews. Every tour operator will have some bad days but on the whole (558 out of 624) reviews were good or excellent which I don't think is that bad.

Is there anything to do around the WB Studio in Watford? So we would like to just spend a day there (WB Harry Potter tour half day). We will be in London on 5/6-10/16 before boarding Eclipse at Southampton. :D

Depending on how you get there, but five miles away from where the studio is the city of St Albans which has a Cathedral, and Roman remains including parts the old City wall, an Ampitheatre and a museum with many finds is a nice place to visit. It was one of the places destroyed by Boddica and later rebuilt.

http://www.enjoystalbans.com

The store that used to belong to Samuel Ryder who started the Ryder cup golf matches is now a Cafe Rouge restaraunt.

Edited by Hatters cruiser

Depending on how you get there, but five miles away from where the studio is the city of St Albans which has a Cathedral, and Roman remains including parts the old City wall, an Ampitheatre and a museum with many finds is a nice place to visit. It was one of the places destroyed by Boddica and later rebuilt.

http://www.enjoystalbans.com

The store that used to belong to Samuel Ryder who started the Ryder cup golf matches is now a Cafe Rouge restaraunt.

Thanks for your quick reply. We have group of 7 and haven't decided how to get there yet and we are planning to stay at Grand Plaza serviced Apt. by Prince Sq. London and it's near the tube so we may just take that (not sure how yet).

Bob :)

It's not a problem, I live close to the area, about 15 miles away so know it reasonably well if you have any specific interests I might know something that is good for that.

It does depend on your method of transport with a hire car there are plenty of places to go, for instance Whipsnade Zoo, the UKs largest one is a little further North.

Hatfield House was once home to Queen Elizabeth the First as a young princess and is a nice example of a Tudor stately home.

Going back into North London the RAF museum at Hendon has a large collection of aircraft.

If you do use the tube to get Watford, then a Taxi or bus to the Harry Potter Tour, you can quite easily get a bus from Watford later to St Albans, the local Arriva 321 buses run quite frequently .

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/south-east/services/321---sapphire---watford-to-luton/?direction=outbound&day=Saturday&startcol=0

There is also a train line from Watford Junction Station to St Albans Abbey.

http://www.abbeyline.org.uk/home.htm

Edited by Hatters cruiser