Too many UDP changes! Need 2/1/15 Terms & Conditions--Please Help

excitedtocruise

As an update to this, now that we are back from our cruise, I spoke too soon earlier in this thread when I said that it was relatively easy to get NCL to honor the free embarkation day performance under the early 2015 UDP terms. :(

As I mentioned before, I managed to book Cirque Dreams for free on the first night, but after we went to the show, they charged us full price for it (and the price is now almost $50 per person for premium seats :eek:). So basically I had to start all over on board, with several different employees, trying to get what NCL promised us. And it was not easy. In the end they did remove the charges, but it was very time-consuming and frustrating and disappointing and I truly regret ever bothering with this show.

It is unbelievable that they can get away with this! I booked my first NCL cruise about a month ago and have already had a horrible experience trying to deal with a customer service supervisor. It seems that they will take as much from their customers and give as little as possible even if it is unethical!

• 1 month later...

I booked last Jan 2015 and my amenity invoice clearly states it is for all.passengers (there are 6 of us also at the Haven) but my vacation summary just shows passenger 1 and 2. For the UBP passengers 3 to 6 are supposed to get unlimited soda but it doesn't show that either. I wish NCL wouldn't make mistakes like this which you now have to try to fix!

We booked in Feb of 2015, and had the UDP for all passengers. Didn't show on the summary, but was reflected on the Amenity invoice. Once aboard, we had zero problems. All the keycards had the UDP, UPB or soda package correctly noted, and we easily dined with no charge or issue at a specialty dining venue every night except one (we ate at Tzars that night).

I was super concerned about this beforehand, and am very happy to report that NCL absolutely honored my booking promos, exactly as booked.

Thank you that is reassuring! I just didn't want to have issues onboard like 2 of my friends whose UBP didn't show in their booking according to the ship and I had to call customer service in Miami on their behalf. I called NCL and my consultant was away and the rep spoke with confirmed what was on the online vacation summary which was wrong. I'm glad I have time to confirm just for my peace of mind.

I would definitely have copies with you of your booked promos/amenity invoice, because if you need it, you want it easily at hand. But, I certainly felt like it was not an issue at all on the Jewel.

Slightly off topic, but we also did not have to sign for any drinks either, and could get two drinks at a time with no issue. Sometimes they wanted both cards, sometimes not. My daughter was charged for two of the smoothies they got, but not all of them, which was weird, and they never asked her to sign for them. We probably could have gotten them removed from the bill, but it wasn't worth the effort.