Sovereign Of the Seas Questions?

cruzzers

If you have sailed on the SOS, please let us know where you would advise us to have our CC sail away party. We are thinking the Viking Crown Lounge would be a good place to meet after the muster drills and have a drink. Are there better places for us to meet and be able to have a good view as we depart port?

Unless you're looking to be outside for sailaway, the Viking Crown Lounge would be a great place to go. The VCL on the SOS wraps fully around the funnel with great views all the way around except for directly aft where the rock climbing wall blocks the view.

If you want to be outside and near a bar, there are three. Two are at pool level, fore and aft of the pool. The other is the mast bar one level up from the pool, foreward, this is at the same level as the Johnny Rockets and Sorento's Pizza.

Viking crown lounge --- is the BEST place but you need to know that is not that easy to get to. There are only two small aft elevators that go there and they frequently are either tied up or for some reason just don't come. We had our Crown and Anchor Diamond and Platinum meeting there and I ended up walking up four flights along with a bunch of other people. :rolleyes:

But the views once you get there are wonderful! Plus you'll get the full views of leaving the port. I wouldn't want to try and meet outside so it is really your only choice. If you take regular elevators to the pool deck you only have two flights to walk up if the elevators are busy.

The other inside lounges don't have near the views (they are on lower decks) and you miss most of the excitment of the sailaway.

Thanks to all of you for the information. Sounds like the Viking is a good choice for a good view but we may miss the sail away atmosphere if we aren't outside. Is there a place outside the Viking that we could step out for a few minutes during sail-away?Hummm....I guess we will have to get it figured out in the next few weeks. Thanks again and keep on sending us your opinions.

If you do it at the sailaway party....

Have everyone buy flowered leis and wear them so you all can find each other. They won't fell "silly" to wear and you will all be able to find each other easily. They sell them at our party stores here for under $2.

Schooner bar is another good indoor choice.

Bobbie

Why don't you meet up before sailaway, like around 4:00? Then after about an hour or so you can go outside and enjoy the sailaway party. That's what many folks do when they meet onboard on sailing day. You can have the best of both worlds that way.

Bearysweet2cruise.. Please post back on here when you return and let us know how you like the SOS cruise. We will be anxious to hear what you have to say and if you go someplace fun for sail away, let us know so we can make our plans for our cruise on 10/24. We would like to hear about your excursions too!

We hope you have great weather and lots of fun on your trip. Can't wait to hear back from you when you get back. If you have time, check out the Viking Lounge for us and the pool bar area to see which would be best to meet for sail away.

Thanks and have lots of fun!

Still trying to decide where to meet for sure.....It is between the Viking Crown lounge and the Mast Bar. We will probably meet for a sailaway drink after the muster drill so no one will have to rush around. We are still open for ideas as to which place is the best since none of us have been on the Sovereign before.

Having coordinate cocktail parties for RCI in the past, I'd just like to pass-on some advice...

If you planning a cocktail party, where you pre-arrange everything and pay in advance, then I don't believe RCI will be able to host your event outdoors. Trying to do such an event outdoors, during sail-away would be a logistical nightmare.

If all you'd like to do is grab your drinks and group together somewhere, you're certainly free to do that, although keep in-mind that everyone else has the same idea and your group gathering may fall-apart.

Not really sure what type of get-together you had in mind, so I offer both options. I would personally recommend the Viking Crown Lounge, as you'll be able to see everything, including the festivities one or two decks below you and still maintain the group-feeling you may be after.

Bon VOYAGE!!!

:D

We just got off the Sovereign friday, we had a wonderful 4 day cruise!! This was our 10th cruise, so we have alittle experience and thought it was a beautiful ship, great service and met wonderful people. Our cabin on deck 3 was tiny, but we made it with 2 adults, 2 teens, we just made do with what we had. There was a faint odor at different times in hallway and certain other area's but nothing that was so bad. All in all we had a great time, also our son was married on this cruise, so that also made it special.

The Viking Crown Lounge is my favorite place to watch the Sail away festivites, especially on the Sovereign. One thing to keep in mind though, "Sometimes" part or possibly all of it might be blocked off for private parties. In that case the 2nd best place is the Mast Bar, it's above the pool area making for a great view!

JudykcBob....I see you are from the KC area. We are from there and have retired to the Lake of the Ozarks. We lived in Gladstone until our home was destroyed in a tornado a couple of years ago. We decided not to rebuild and moved to an apartment to finish out our jobs and then headed to our lake condo to live. We love the country life here on the lake!

Glad to hear you had such a nice cruise on the Sovereign. We are looking forward to the cruise and our upcoming visit to Orlando.

Looks like everyone like the Viking Crown for sail away so that may be where we all end up.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I have a post for SOS review that I just posted.

Tips: bring your own soda or beer, alcohol.. many did and there is no problem in the check points. No refrig in deck 6 cabins.

Nice ship over all.

Have a great sailing! :):)

Oh.. viking crown is best if you want to be inside.. otherwise, pool deck sail away party is fun.

Archived