Travel to Haiti for non-US resident

dst

The fact that RCI might lease Labadee has absolutely no bearing on passengers' admissibility. Haiti still sets the entry requirements, not RCI.

It appears that RCI does have a bearing on the passenger entry; as they have the stipulation to the Haiti requirements; I am sure part of the purchase/lease agreement with Labadee had this as part of the initial stipulation.....

Apparently it does.

The point I was making is that it is Haiti, not RCI, who made this exemption. As a sovereign nation, Haiti determines who may enter the country and under what conditions. Leasing land in a foreign country gives you no say whatsoever on matters of entry to the country. In this case, RCI was able to make the economic case for the benefits of such an arrangement and the Haitian government agreed and made the necessary entry exemption.

The point I was making is that it is Haiti, not RCI, who made this exemption. As a sovereign nation, Haiti determines who may enter the country and under what conditions. Leasing land in a foreign country gives you no say whatsoever on matters of entry to the country. In this case, RCI was able to make the economic case for the benefits of such an arrangement and the Haitian government agreed and made the necessary entry exemption.

With the current economic status in Haiti, I'm sure it was pretty easy to get the stipulation.....

After discussing this with the rep at C&A we went ahead and booked the kids on the trip - I also sent an email to RCI asking for clarification, we also took out insurance ;)

All in all, I think we will be ok - thanks for everyone for their help......will let you know what the email states