Christmas decorations on the Oasis of the Seas

debbyra18

We were on the Oasis a couple of years ago starting around Dec 7 or so and the ship was fully decorated. Lovely tree on the Promenade and lots of poinsettias. I remember being surprised at the number of people who participated in formal night. Everyone was dressed to the nines even though I had heard people say that formal night was not that popular anymore. Perhaps it was due to the holiday spirit. Enjoy your cruise!

We were on the Oasis a couple of years ago starting around Dec 7 or so and the ship was fully decorated. Lovely tree on the Promenade and lots of poinsettias. I remember being surprised at the number of people who participated in formal night. Everyone was dressed to the nines even though I had heard people say that formal night was not that popular anymore. Perhaps it was due to the holiday spirit. Enjoy your cruise!

Oh, I might have been on your cruise then, I was on around that time in 2013. I was just looking at the pictures I took, and there was one huge tree, a couple of smaller trees outside of one of the shops, and those light-up snowflakes hanging from the ceiling in the promenade (I love those). I think I remember the poinsettias, too, I just don't have pictures of them. I was going to post the pictures, but maybe it will spoil the surprise for her? I think you can spot the snowflakes from one of the webcams, too, unless they've moved it since then.

I also remember one day, when I was randomly wandering around, I heard Christmas music, followed it, and saw a line of penguins in Santa hats dancing to the music. I made sure to get my picture taken with them. :)

Edited by fluffysue

We're on her starting Jan 2, 2016 do you think they will still be up?

I think so....I stalked the Oasis webcam for awhile and seem to remember they had the decorations up into January. Also, I was on the Quantum Jan. 3 cruise this year and the decorations were still up until about mid way through the cruise. So if you want any pictures of/with them, I'd take them early on.

We were on the Allure right after Thanksgiving last year. I don't remember any decorations when we first boarded, but after a day or two, we started noticing decorations here and there.

Within a few days, a huge tree was up in the royal promenade. That night, they had a photographer stationed there for pictures.