MDR Question

wrighka

Firstly, please pardon my ignorance!

I've seen a number of threads asking for the specific MDR menus on different cruises. The menus are named (kind of weird names and I don't recall them now) by day. Can someone please explain this to me and tell me what each is called and what foods that specific menu offers??

I might not have worded this right so I apologize in advance!

Here are the 7 most common menus. These are fairly close but there have been a couple of minor menu item changes.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/

Each cruise will use a different menu for each day of the week, one menu used per day.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

They are named based on a themed ingredient for the night. That doesn't mean everything on the menu has that ingredient, but a few items. Some of the themes are Jasmine, Mojo, Pimiento, Basil, Saffron. If you google the menus, such as "Royal Caribbean basil menu" and choose Google "Images" instead of "Web," you can see photos that people have posted online.

Edited: Looks like someone posted the link above while I was typing. :)

Edited by emory2001

I was a little scared the first time we sailed the Allure with these new menus a couple years ago, but, the food was good, enjoyed it and none of it was the unknown entre.

Just an FYI hearing they are changing the menus again, possibly by next summer, wonder what the new names of the day will be.

Sea Ya