Just back from Allure 2-nighter

klever

I did the Oasis 3 day cruise last year and have also been Oasis for a week. Totally different vibe between the 2 cruises so don't base the ship/cruise line on a 2 day cruise.

People were going crazy trying to do everything and it was disorganized as I don't think the crew was in synch for such a short cruise and bars were packed.

Since DH had been on Oasis before, it was a relaxing, hang around, mini vaca and we avoided the crowds and craziness.

Edited by brenderlou

I did the Oasis 3 day cruise last year and have also been Oasis for a week. Totally different vibe between the 2 cruises so don't base the ship/cruise line on a 2 day cruise.

People were going crazy trying to do everything and it was disorganized as I don't think the crew was in synch for such a short cruise and bars were packed.

Since DH had been on Oasis before, it was a relaxing, hang around, mini vaca and we avoided the crowds and craziness.

Yes, you had the right attitude. THis is a throw away cruise. Just relax.. go with the flow. The people that spreadsheeted this 2 day cruise (not wanting to miss anything) completely crazy. This was a turn around cruise where they were changing crew, food suppliers, etc. Think of it as a 2 day getaway. with the right attitude and expectations, it could be enjoyable...

If you think that you were going to get the benefits you would get in a 7 day cruise, you are just asking for dissapointment.

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

I was on this cruise as well. I agree with OP, my least favorite cruise to date.

There were lines everywhere and not fun. Tried to go to Windjammer for lunch on Saturday morning and the line was wrapping around the corner. Never seen that before.

Hoof and Claw and pretty much every other bar was packed. Dinner felt rushed, like the waiters were trying to get you out as fast as possible. The food wasnt great and I actually like the dinning room food when I am on Enchantment.

Staff wasnt very friendly either. Felt maybe they didnt need to get to know you because you were gone in less than 48 hours.

Never got my 10% for glass of wine for C/A (dont care just saying).

This was my first time not staying in a suite in a very long time (booked last minute and there was no availability). I went to the desk to see if I could PAY for an upgrade. The lady said they were sold out (duh, I knew that) but that she would call me at 8 pm after they got the manifest to see if there were any suites left.

Well its not Monday November 9 and still no call...thanks lady.

I think the difference is that I went in knowing this wasn't a "normal" Allure cruise. I had read the complaints about last year's Oasis cruise, so I knew the crowds would be more noticeable. Because I went in with that knowledge, I knew what to expect so I wasn't bothered by it. In addition to the Windjammer, I also admit that I did not spend much time on the Royal Promenade because that was always crowded. Long lines for pizza and Promenade Cafe for late night snacks on Friday night.