Back Aboard LIBERTY, A PIC HEAVY Recap of a Great Cruise.

seannyice81

Glad you liked Alchemy. The Deal Closer and Cucumber Sunrise are two of my favorites there. It's a great bar to just hang out and talk to people.

Also Liberty is my favorite ship. Been on twice and great service with smile both times. Our waiters from 1st time even remembered us 8 months later when we saw them elsewhere on ship.

Glad you liked Alchemy. The Deal Closer and Cucumber Sunrise are two of my favorites there. It's a great bar to just hang out and talk to people.

Also Liberty is my favorite ship. Been on twice and great service with smile both times. Our waiters from 1st time even remembered us 8 months later when we saw them elsewhere on ship.

Liberty is and probably will always be my favorite ship, simply because it was my first cruise ship. The service was excellent on both my cruises as well. There is something else that I can't really define, but there is just something about that ship... Its a good one :)

Good stuff! I've been on the Liberty twice and I'm back on her in March--can't wait! Keep it coming.

Thanks!

More this weekend and if I'm ambitious, maybe even Barbados tonight.

Great review and awesome pictures! I gotta get my D90 to work like yours...or fix the operator error that's going on. Love the bird picture from St. Thomas - will have to find that lady when I'm there in April.

Thanks!

The D90 might be an older camera now, but it's still a great one! Don't forget the bird lady was on the upper level of Paradise Point. You'll hear the birds for sure.

My favorite at the Alchemiy Bar waas The Remedy

You can't really go wrong with that bar.

Oh duh, Puerto Rico--well it will mean flying at any rate if I ever want to see the Southern Caribbean!

It can be a little pricier to get there and leave you a little lagged, but its worth it!

Keep it coming! Liberty is my favorite ship so far! Can't wait to sail on her out of San Juan in January :)

More on the way soon! You will have a great cruise in January.

Edited by seannyice81

I'm surprised to hear about the conditions of the pool. We were on the Liberty at the end of May and they were stripping and completely refinishing all of the pools during our cruise. Guess those contractors didn't do too good of a job! Speaking about doing a good job...OUTSTANDING job on this review! I've always been thinking about doing a travel blog and after reading yours, I'm more motivated then ever to give it a try! Keep up the great review and love the photos!

I'm surprised to hear about the conditions of the pool. We were on the Liberty at the end of May and they were stripping and completely refinishing all of the pools during our cruise. Guess those contractors didn't do too good of a job! Speaking about doing a good job...OUTSTANDING job on this review! I've always been thinking about doing a travel blog and after reading yours, I'm more motivated then ever to give it a try! Keep up the great review and love the photos!

Thanks!

That is surprising because the aft pool was really just beat-up. I remember at one point I grabbed onto one of the pool's vents and felt a chunk of the surface that someone had placed inside it. Many of the tiny little tiles had come off as well. You'll see in a photo when I cover our return to San Juan.

You should really try blogging. I did like posting here, but it's just easier to do the blog and link it. Mostly, because I don't have to limit the amount of photos I can use.

Enjoying your review. We too were on this cruise and loved the Liberty. I was able to meet a few people from the Troubleifics and that was great. This was an awesome itinerary and ship

Thanks. It's too bad we didn't meet that I know of (I'm really awful with names most of the time). I agree that this was overall an awesome cruise. Glad you enjoyed it!

---Thats it for tonight folks. I will have Barbados posted some time mid-morning tomorrow. Good night!

Edited by seannyice81

I just finished your latest update on your day in Barbados. You mentioned that the Bajan Queen is now one of the "shipwrecks"...we were actually ON the Bajan Queen on the "Booze Cruise" when we were on our honeymoon in 1992. We sailed a similar itinerary out of San Juan on Carnival's Festivale then. We had such a great time on the Bajan Queen. I knew it was no longer in use but didn't realize it had been sunk. Attaching a few pictures that I have scanned of the Bajan Queen from 1992.

SCAN0284-1.jpg

Inside the Bajan Queen

SCAN0309-1.jpg

The Bajan Queen in 1992 as the "Booze Cruise"

SCAN0316-2.jpg

Still enjoying your review and pictures.

I just finished your latest update on your day in Barbados. You mentioned that the Bajan Queen is now one of the "shipwrecks"...we were actually ON the Bajan Queen on the "Booze Cruise" when we were on our honeymoon in 1992. We sailed a similar itinerary out of San Juan on Carnival's Festivale then. We had such a great time on the Bajan Queen. I knew it was no longer in use but didn't realize it had been sunk. Attaching a few pictures that I have scanned of the Bajan Queen from 1992.

Still enjoying your review and pictures.

Thanks!

How interesting is that? Though I guess possibly sad if you have memories of the vessel. Apparently it started life as a tug before transitioning to party boat. At least it is serving a cool purpose below the water as home for countless fish. The upside is you can still see it as it exists (minus the upper decks) as it hasn't been scrapped. There are so many schools of fish around and throughout the sunken vessel. If you're a really good swimmer you can even enter the engine room.

Loving your review as always!

You've got me curious now as to what was in the picture of the catamaran???

Thanks!

Which picture are you speaking of?.. I'm having a brain-fart at the moment.

Loving your review! Love the links for each day also! I recently did the Boatyard in Barbados aboard the Valor in Feb this year. My hubby & I loved it there! We also went out on a local's boat and swam with the turtles for $20. Such a great deal! We can't wait to go back to Barbados & the Boatyard again! Thanks for taking the time to write this review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

How interesting is that? Though I guess possibly sad if you have memories of the vessel. Apparently it started life as a tug before transitioning to party boat. At least it is serving a cool purpose below the water as home for countless fish. The upside is you can still see it as it exists (minus the upper decks) as it hasn't been scrapped. There are so many schools of fish around and throughout the sunken vessel. If you're a really good swimmer you can even enter the engine room.

Actually I did find it kind of sad, but you're right, it wasn't scrapped as Festivale was and is now "home" to the fish and other sea life. I'll definitely have to check that out next time we get to Barbados. I just remember we had so much fun on the Bajan Queen, even more pictures (can't post as not to incriminate anyone).

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Loving your review! :D

Thanks!

Loving your review! Love the links for each day also! I recently did the Boatyard in Barbados aboard the Valor in Feb this year. My hubby & I loved it there! We also went out on a local's boat and swam with the turtles for $20. Such a great deal! We can't wait to go back to Barbados & the Boatyard again! Thanks for taking the time to write this review!

Thanks! The links are much better, I think!

The Boatyard certainly was a fun place!.. And who could turn down a deal like that, right?!

Actually I did find it kind of sad, but you're right, it wasn't scrapped as Festivale was and is now "home" to the fish and other sea life. I'll definitely have to check that out next time we get to Barbados. I just remember we had so much fun on the Bajan Queen, even more pictures (can't post as not to incriminate anyone).

It would be really cool if you could visit it! I'm sure those pictures aren't the least bit incriminating, haha.

Do they have gluten free wraps at Blue Iguana?

Unfortunately, no.

On my San Juan post, I quoted the email sent to me by Carnival with the places were you have gluten free options. I even asked the staff just in case, and they were not an option. Since I'm not celiac, but IBS, I was able to enjoy one at a time with my medication. Hope this helps.

Finally playing catch up. Hubby was looking at your pics and now he wants to do the same itinerary! My fav pic is your sunglass one.. its so you :). Along with the one you sent me on FB for my bday!

So glad to hear they have options for you, and sounds like you handled living out of the comfort zone foods well. Sad to hear no bitter blanc, thats my new fav thanks to you.

Cant wait to read more!

Btw getting up at 3am for pics of the ship is crazy... thats something I would do LOL.

Finally playing catch up. Hubby was looking at your pics and now he wants to do the same itinerary! My fav pic is your sunglass one.. its so you :). Along with the one you sent me on FB for my bday!

So glad to hear they have options for you, and sounds like you handled living out of the comfort zone foods well. Sad to hear no bitter blanc, thats my new fav thanks to you.

Cant wait to read more!

Btw getting up at 3am for pics of the ship is crazy... thats something I would do LOL.

Thanks, Andrea!

Glad you and E liked the photos! :cool: This really is a great itinerary and I really encourage you to try it. Research what ships will be doing it though as they're swapping them around quite a bit in the next couple years.

The diet thing did take a little getting used to, but I did make it work! The bitter and blanc was a bummer. Rumor is that its now on 8-day and longer itineraries (so your next Breeze cruise, you'll be good!)

Late night pictures are the best pictures!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Which picture are you speaking of?.. I'm having a brain-fart at the moment.

Sean, Franny here. Loving the review. As always a great job.

Let me remind you "Nutscape" ;)