Multiple Summit Charters/Redeployments in early 2017

cruzeluver

Hello all,

I have checked everywhere I can think of (jazz cruises, "lifestyle cruises", etc.) and I can't find anything that says the Summit February 18, 2017 cruise out of Fort Lauderdale is chartered. I finally called Celebrity (which we all know is such a definitive source of info...) and they don't think that this particular sailing is chartered, either.

There is much confusion here. Roll call is pretty empty and conflict on charter status there, too.

My question: anybody know if this cruise is chartered? If not, does anyone know a place I can check?

TIA,

Unfortunately, I just saw this today. The February 18, 2017 9 day cruise is on and many including Rose and I have recently booked.

For those who are wondering about the specialty cruises they run, I am thinking about the Summit for their "Flower Power" cruise on 2/25/2017, it's a 5 night. They started taking bookings on 3/10/2016, and the sky suites, which is my preference with Celebrity, sold out immediately, which is a shock. It is rather expensive for a 5 night, but my friends wanted to go and asked us to join them. This cannot be booked directly through Celebrity, but her travel agent is signing up with them as a vendor. They will not allow her to discount the ship at all. Just to give you an idea of pricing, we have sailed in a Sky Suite on the Constallation 5 night for something like $1249 pp. On this, it is around $2500. I saw the price before booking started, so don't remember exactly, but around that. However, you are getting performances by all the bands that you remember listening to when you were a teenager if you are in the 60 year old age group.

Will probably go, but will have to take a concierge class statement, which is about half the size of a sky suite.

[quote name='jabrown40']I booked a Summit cruise for March 2018. I'm glad I read this, will hold off purchasing airfare until I'm sure the cruise is sailing. How frustrating![/QUOTE]

It appears there were some significant changes made in, and around November 2016.

I too was concerned because we need to purchase travel medical insurance within 21 days of booking. I contacted my travel agent to inquire about the 9 day cruise we booked his month on the Summit. I just received confirmation from Celebrity, through our travel agent, that this particular cruise is scheduled to sail as planned on February 18, 2017.