MSC Divina

wernew2cruising

Considering this ship for a March 206 sailing. We've sailed Disney, Royal, Carnival, Norwegian and Princess. (jack of all, master of none lol)

What differences will there be? Are they more formal? Are the guests more European or have they caught on in the states?

How are the cabins?

Anything anyone can add will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

What differences will there be?

Previously sailing on different lines, I think the answer is 'none'. Every line (and every ship) have difference in the crew and activities, etc. Given your history, I don't think you'll find anything significant that you haven't run into previously.

If you have kids, the kids club is far superior to Camp Carnival but roughly equivalent to Camp Ocean (the new version of Camp on Carnival, still beig deployed.)

Are they more formal?

I would say 'no' but there are probably some aspects that are more formal than on other ships. You will not find 50% of men wearing tuxedos, or anything like that. At least not out of Miami. I can't say for the cruises across the pond.

Are the guests more European or have they caught on in the states?

I think there is a higher percentage, probably folks who are MSC cruisers in Europe and want to stick with a line they know in the states. That said, other than providing some interesting conversation there is no issue there. If there are sufficient numbers, they will do the announcements in additional languages but that is not a big deal.

Based on the pricing I'd say they haven't caught on well in the states, but they are bringing Seaside here next year so an investment is being made.

How are the cabins?

We like the cabins. We have 2 small kids so we have always booked a 'superior' balcony (B2 or B3, I believe) which has a queen size sleeper sofa. Nobody sleeping in an upper or on the floor. Even with the bed deployed, there is a decent amount of floor space so I believe they are somewhat larger than Carnival.

Aside from that: nicely decorated, good soundproofing, etc. Poor TV, just like every other line. :rolleyes: