Smoking on the Pride

not2old

If anyone flames you, just ignore it.

The Pride actually has the best smoking section of any ship we have been on. I wish I knew how to post pictures, because it is very pretty and VERY comfortable and very large. You are not locked up in a "cage", like some ships and it is VERY apparent that it is a smoking section....therefore people are not walking by giving you dirty looks.

The section is aft, port side, Lido deck.....behind Guys Burgers. There are actual sofa's and coffee tables. You are out in the open air, yet it is covered in the case of rain. It is a great social gathering also. We met soooo many wonderful people.

Although we prefer mega ships, the Pride was surprisingly wonderful. Have a great time. :)

If anyone flames you, just ignore it.

The Pride actually has the best smoking section of any ship we have been on. I wish I knew how to post pictures, because it is very pretty and VERY comfortable and very large. You are not locked up in a "cage", like some ships and it is VERY apparent that it is a smoking section....therefore people are not walking by giving you dirty looks.

The section is aft, port side, Lido deck.....behind Guys Burgers. There are actual sofa's and coffee tables. You are out in the open air, yet it is covered in the case of rain. It is a great social gathering also. We met soooo many wonderful people.

Although we prefer mega ships, the Pride was surprisingly wonderful. Have a great time. :)

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but Lido deck aft on Pride is Serenity, which is a non-smoking area. If I remember correctly from our cruises on Pride and her sister ships Miracle and Legend, the smoking area is one deck up, deck 10, directly above Serenity, still port side.

Thanks for that information! It definitely puts me more at ease. I'll be sailing on the Pride in a few days and I was worrying about the smoking areas since there have been so many negative comments about the smoke bothering everyone. I will miss being able to smoke on my balcony but maybe the extra steps will be beneficial and help work off the extra pounds I'm going to gain eating all that delicious food on board...and sipping all those cocktails!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but Lido deck aft on Pride is Serenity, which is a non-smoking area. If I remember correctly from our cruises on Pride and her sister ships Miracle and Legend, the smoking area is one deck up, deck 10, directly above Serenity, still port side.

I believe if smoking on any outside decks whether its lido or above, it's always starboard side. deck 10 is mid deck starboard deck 9 is fwd and front, was on it past Feb.

Crud, I meant starboard, not port.

QUOTE=stargate fan;48253797]Crud, I meant starboard, not port.

I have to play a trick on myself to remember Starboard from Port: "The stars are always right." It's corney but that is how I remember Starboard is on the right. Bow and Stern. B is before S in the English alphabet. So Bow is in front and Stern is in back. Bear with me, I'm old. :D

Edited by clearwaters

QUOTE=stargate fan;48253797]Crud, I meant starboard, not port.

I have to play a trick on myself to remember Starboard from Port: "The stars are always right." It's corney but that is how I remember Starboard is on the right. Bow and Stern. B is before S in the English alphabet. So Bow is in front and Stern is in back. Bear with me, I'm old. :D

I remember port is left because they both have 4 letters. And when you bow, you lean forward. :D