Ques regarding tips

MikeMA

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've sailed Carnival and I had a quick ques. Are the tips put right onto your sign and sail account? I happened to buy a few of the Verizon gift cards and was wondering if I could just use these to put towards the cost of gratuity or if there was a separate charge somewhere There will be 3 of us so our gratuities alone will be $252.

Thank you for any help

Tips are automatic placed on your SS account when you depart, unless you prepay for them. How you pay is up to you, but I imagine Verizon gift cards from the Carnival program would work. Try them at check in on day of departure. :D

Edited by ooomwizard

Thank you, I sailed on RCCL in 2013 and Princess in 2011, but Carnival it's been a looooong time :) The ships didn't have the kiosks back then and honestly I don't even remember if the Tips were automatically charged to your account. It may have still been the old envelope procedure.

Looking forward to sailing with them again as now I have a family and I think they have a very good kid's program.

Thanks again for the info

Tips are automatic placed on your SS account when you depart, unless you prepay for them. How you pay is up to you, but I imagine Verizon gift cards from the Carnival program would work. Try them at check in on day of departure. :D

I thought tips were added to sign and sail account the 2nd day of cruise.