Question about being bumped

Plut0

Hello,

I have a question about whether as a solo cruiser you will get bumped from your cabin. If I have a particular prime location cabin booked for 1 person and pay the supplement, will the cruise line move me? I hear about people booking a cabin for 4 with only 2 people being bumped and wonder how often that happens to single cruisers.

If this does happen, does it happen more (or less) with any particular cruise lines.

Thank you in advance.

Mary

I've never heard of it happening to a solo cruiser. Although it probably says in the fine print of the contract that the cruise line has the right to do this, I don't think the cruise line would want the bad publicity. Now if they wanted to upgrade the solo traveler it might be a different story.:D

I highly doubt it. After all, you paid for the cabin fair and square, plus being a prime location, I'm sure it was a higher price. The only way I'd expect someone to get bumped in a traditional sense, is when they booked a handicapped cabin, and later on, someone with limited mobility needed that cabin.

I don't believe you'd be moved if you paid the supplement. When you hear of someone who's booked two people into a cabin that accommodates four, they've paid for only the two people. That's why they can be bumped--if the cruise line can book four people into that cabin then of course they'll bump them. But, if you paid the supplement, then they wouldn't make any more $$ from booking two people into it as you've already paid that much. No reason to bump you.

• 2 weeks later...

I read the OP and thought once you have your stateroom, it's guaranteed. But then I read this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2284401

So it can happen!

Edited to add that the reason wasn't per the OP concern...being bumped because of being solo...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Edited by tiger-91

I read the OP and thought once you have your stateroom, it's guaranteed. But then I read this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2284401

So it can happen!

Edited to add that the reason wasn't per the OP concern...being bumped because of being solo...

The thread you linked to isn't about someone being bumped -- they lost their original cabin when they added an amenity. So, as you pointed out, it's a completely different situation than the OP's concern about being bumped because of booking fewer people into the cabin than it will hold...

The thread you linked to isn't about someone being bumped -- they lost their original cabin when they added an amenity. So, as you pointed out, it's a completely different situation than the OP's concern about being bumped because of booking fewer people into the cabin than it will hold...

Hmmm. I read that that OP did NOT make any change himself. he says several times even NCL didn't have an explanation. Others who commented may have.

Edited by tiger-91

Hmmm. I read that that OP did NOT make any change himself. he says several times even NCL didn't have an explanation. Others who commented may have.

There was apparently a new promotion that allowed two amenities; his or her TA added the second amenity and then the OP noticed their cabin had been changed. It doesn't make sense that just adding a second amenity would result in a cabin change. So, completely different situation than the OP of this thread.