Newbie questions -- suite benefits?

perditax

Hi there. I haven't sailed Princess but am strongly considering a short cruise on the Royal in an "Owner's Suite" next year. Would anyone be willing to describe the real-world "suite benefits" to me? My only point of comparison would be the Concierge benefits on Disney. We enjoyed:

Priority boarding/disembarking

Close concierge lounge for caffeine, drinks, snacks most hours of the day

Slightly secluded area of ship

The concierges were also willing to bend over backwards for us, but while it was nice we don't need "butler" type service. We did really enjoy the lounge, though, especially on-demand tea and espresso. Does the Royal have a similar lounge?

Any tidbits of info would be appreciated, as well as any cabin recommendations. We don't mind a long walk or stairs, and would prefer it over noise. I'm also curious about the aft suites, and whether any suites on the Royal have hot tubs.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there. I haven't sailed Princess but am strongly considering a short cruise on the Royal in an "Owner's Suite" next year. Would anyone be willing to describe the real-world "suite benefits" to me? My only point of comparison would be the Concierge benefits on Disney. We enjoyed:

Priority boarding/disembarking

Close concierge lounge for caffeine, drinks, snacks most hours of the day

Slightly secluded area of ship

The concierges were also willing to bend over backwards for us, but while it was nice we don't need "butler" type service. We did really enjoy the lounge, though, especially on-demand tea and espresso. Does the Royal have a similar lounge?

Any tidbits of info would be appreciated, as well as any cabin recommendations. We don't mind a long walk or stairs, and would prefer it over noise. I'm also curious about the aft suites, and whether any suites on the Royal have hot tubs.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cb/staterooms/ click on the link foe the extra suite amenities.

In reality, yes to all the things you're asking about, except hot tubs. I know there are a few (or so I remember, but could be wrong. And it's only a very few soecific suites in a few ships, not Royal class. The bathtub is pretty good sized though!).

Royal class has a dedicated -albeit small- concierge lounge with a concierge to handle dinner reservations, guest services questions, etc. They do have cappuccino machine, small bites throughout the day, etc. While nice, it's a bit dark and small, but a nice touch nonetheless.

Suites have priority boarding, along with elites and platinums. Also special lounge for disembarkation, along with concierge lounge.

We just came off the Regal in an aft suite -and loved, loved, loved it. Loved the space, the wrap around balcony, the quiet, loved it. Would book again in a heartbeat. We were in Caribe, no problems at all. Dolphin deck has a larger half covered balcony if it matters.

Breakfast in Sabatini's was probably my favorite part, and I am NOT a morning person! it was worth rolling out of bed for each morning. Cooked to order, special requests, etc -perfect.

You'll receive corsages the first formal night -cute, a little like prom. Lol. Afternoon canapés are nothing to write home about -very small one bite deals. The optional afternoon tea though -incredible. Has to be ordered ahead, about 6 hours or so. We set it up one day for our return from port -perfect. Enjoyed the cakes and sandwiches while saiking away -loved it.

Lots of nice little touches. Princess -IMO -lags behind other lined in suite amenities, but the ones that they do have are enjoyable. No butlers, or things like that, normal stateroom steward, etc. All in all, we enjoy it -and loved the aft suite on Regal, and would do again if the price was right. I'm sure you'll enjoy.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cb/staterooms/ click on the link foe the extra suite amenities.

In reality, yes to all the things you're asking about, except hot tubs. I know there are a few (or so I remember, but could be wrong. And it's only a very few soecific suites in a few ships, not Royal class. The bathtub is pretty good sized though!).

Royal class has a dedicated -albeit small- concierge lounge with a concierge to handle dinner reservations, guest services questions, etc. They do have cappuccino machine, small bites throughout the day, etc. While nice, it's a bit dark and small, but a nice touch nonetheless.

Suites have priority boarding, along with elites and platinums. Also special lounge for disembarkation, along with concierge lounge.

We just came off the Regal in an aft suite -and loved, loved, loved it. Loved the space, the wrap around balcony, the quiet, loved it. Would book again in a heartbeat. We were in Caribe, no problems at all. Dolphin deck has a larger half covered balcony if it matters.

Breakfast in Sabatini's was probably my favorite part, and I am NOT a morning person! it was worth rolling out of bed for each morning. Cooked to order, special requests, etc -perfect.

You'll receive corsages the first formal night -cute, a little like prom. Lol. Afternoon canapés are nothing to write home about -very small one bite deals. The optional afternoon tea though -incredible. Has to be ordered ahead, about 6 hours or so. We set it up one day for our return from port -perfect. Enjoyed the cakes and sandwiches while saiking away -loved it.

Lots of nice little touches. Princess -IMO -lags behind other lined in suite amenities, but the ones that they do have are enjoyable. No butlers, or things like that, normal stateroom steward, etc. All in all, we enjoy it -and loved the aft suite on Regal, and would do again if the price was right. I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Thank you so much, this is exactly the kind of stuff I hoped to hear. If I book the sailing I'll pay it forward, down the road, by writing a TR and so forth. :)