Norwegian Dawn Debarkation time

Murphy7059

Hello -

For those of you who have recently traveled on the Norwegian Dawn out of New Orleans, what time did you actually get off the ship? They say we get back to port at 8a and shouldn't take a flight until after noon. That seems like a lot of extra time to me. I won't be checking bags on my return flight so I'm hoping to take a 11:15am flight. Will that be cutting it too close?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

We will be cruising from NOLA on the Dawn in April. Our flight leaves later in the afternoon at about 5. It seems there are some things to do around the cruise terminal. Is there any option to store baggage while you kill a few hours in the area?

We will be cruising from NOLA on the Dawn in April. Our flight leaves later in the afternoon at about 5. It seems there are some things to do around the cruise terminal. Is there any option to store baggage while you kill a few hours in the area?

No, there is no storage facility. Some have suggested walking to a nearby hotel and paying a bellman to hold your luggage for a few hours. NCL usually offers a couple of shore excursions at the end of the cruise that will end up with you and your baggage at the airport.

when do you select your debarkation time?

By grabbing the right colored luggage tags from near the Guest Services desk towards end of the cruise - they will have a sign telling which color is which time.

First disembarkation times are always reserved for NCL excursions, transfers and high level Latitude members and the rest are put out there for first come, first served basis.

We also have a later flight out of NOLA and have been wondering what to do with our time. The only excursion listed on the website is a bus tour of the city that doesn't look very interesting. We're going to be in New Orleans for a couple of nights pre-cruise so don't know that we'd want to find a hotel to store our luggage for a few hours.

The other option would be to get off the ship as late as possible and go on to the airport. I've never been to the NOLA airport so am wondering if there are enough restaurants, bars, shops, etc. to keep us from being terribly bored while we wait for our flight.

Ideas, suggestions appreciated.

There is a company at the pier when you get off that you can pay to take your bags to the airport for you. Then you can see some sights around the quarter. I think its called advance check in.

We also have a later flight out of NOLA and have been wondering what to do with our time. The only excursion listed on the website is a bus tour of the city that doesn't look very interesting. We're going to be in New Orleans for a couple of nights pre-cruise so don't know that we'd want to find a hotel to store our luggage for a few hours.

The other option would be to get off the ship as late as possible and go on to the airport. I've never been to the NOLA airport so am wondering if there are enough restaurants, bars, shops, etc. to keep us from being terribly bored while we wait for our flight.

Ideas, suggestions appreciated.

Hello -

For those of you who have recently traveled on the Norwegian Dawn out of New Orleans, what time did you actually get off the ship? They say we get back to port at 8a and shouldn't take a flight until after noon. That seems like a lot of extra time to me. I won't be checking bags on my return flight so I'm hoping to take a 11:15am flight. Will that be cutting it too close?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

You should be off the ship by 9:30 (if you really hurry you can make it by 8:45). Allow about 30 - 45 minutes to get luggage and get to the airport, and 15 - 30 minutes to check in and clear security. That safely gets you to the gate by 11:00. If you want to risk that have at it. (With luck you could be there as early as 10:00).