Adventure Ocean question

rccl724

We are leaving on the Liberty a week from today and I'm trying to get a look at the schedule for the Adventure Ocean program. I've been on 20 plus cruises but never with kids old enough to be in the AO program. My main question is whether it is open or not during the evening around early seating time for dinner, in the event the kids don't make it through a two hour dinner for seven straight nights.

Thanks for any input you might have.

AO opens generally at 7pm, although the hours could vary a bit when in port. They also offer two options - My Family Time Dining, where kids meals are expedited and the councilors from AO pick up kids after 45 minutes or so at MDR entrance. This is scheduled for early seating. If you want to use this, you should notify AO and wait staff ahead of time. The second option is Adventure Dining, where kids eat with their friends and AO councilors (generally in WJ). You need to sign up for this each night, and I think drop off is at 6pm. After the kids eat, they head back to camp.

HTH

I will also be sailing on LB next week with my grandchildren , ages 8 and 9. On most other ships Adventure Dining has been available on nights 2,4, and 6. (On Oasis it was available nights 2-7.) We have MTD on this cruise. On nights where Adventure Dining isn't an option, we may feed the girls earlier and then eat after we take them to AO at 7:00. We've found that you really don't need to sign up for My Family Time Dining. You just need to show up at the time and location for the AO staff to pick them up.

AO staff confirmed to me that there is no longer a sign up for My Family Time dining, just show up at the designated spot between 6:40-6:50. They leave at 6:50 with whomever is there. At least that was how it worked on Oasis.

There was also an AO dinner, where the staff takes the kids to the Windjammer. I am not sure whether you need to sign up ahead of time, or whether there is a charge, but I believe it was offered every night.