Beach seaweed conditions

navybankerteacher

Even on the catamaran trip I took last week from St. Martin to St. Bart's there was not sheets of seaweed floating in the water like there was last spring and summer. I saw none in the water on this trip. Shell beach in St. Bart's was affected like Orient and Dawn last May but there was only a small amount of old dry seaweed pulled way up on the beach there as well. It was so bad at Shell Beach last May that the beach was closed for a while in May.

I went to Cupocoy beach, Grand Case, Petite Plage and the beach at the Flamingo Resort and I didn't notice any seaweed at all last week.

Karysa,

Would you be able to tell me the name of the catamaran trip that you took? My husband and I will be spending a week in St. Martin in January and I have been looking for a catamaran day sail to St. Barths. I had only found one, but they only did that particular trip on Wednesdays, and unfortunately, we are heading to spend a few days in Anguilla on the Wednesday, so I was hoping for another option.

Thanks so much

Kris

Karysa,

Would you be able to tell me the name of the catamaran trip that you took? My husband and I will be spending a week in St. Martin in January and I have been looking for a catamaran day sail to St. Barths. I had only found one, but they only did that particular trip on Wednesdays, and unfortunately, we are heading to spend a few days in Anguilla on the Wednesday, so I was hoping for another option.

Thanks so much

Kris

The company is called Scoobi Doo. They are out of the marina in Anse Marcel. Our trip was on a Thursday. There are several fast catamarans that go to St Bart's. We've done the one from Aquamania. I think it took about 45 minutes but the ride over is known to be rough. It's a lovely island to visit so I hope that you find a trip that suits your schedule.