Pre paying service charges - online

Laszlo

I'm giving up, looks like I'm going to have to call them. Today was the third time in 5 days I tried to pre pay the service charges to save a few bucks on our upcoming cruising. I put in all the info and "Please Wait" just keeps scrolling. It should work.......but it doesn't. I know its not my CC info because I just bought the 3 Meal Specialty Dining Package

I'm giving up, looks like I'm going to have to call them. Today was the third time in 5 days I tried to pre pay the service charges to save a few bucks on our upcoming cruising. I put in all the info and "Please Wait" just keeps scrolling. It should work.......but it doesn't. I know its not my CC info because I just bought the 3 Meal Specialty Dining Package

We had to call too because it was not working online, but totally worth the few bucks!!!

Depending on when you booked, you can "lock in" the lower DSC rate that was in effect, either $12 / day or $12.95 / day per person. That can save you $1.50 per day per person because the DSC is now $13.50.

It's high finance. There are a ton of comments about the time value of money, how much interest you could earn on that $1.50 per day per person if you put it in an interest bearing account, how much money NCL earns on the funds when you deposit them early and how that's simply corporate greed, how some are playing into the man's hand by pre-paying, how only cheerleaders or whiners prepay, etc. It's funny how a total of $21 per couple per week could generate so much conversation!

If you booked after the increase to $13.50 there is no advantage to pre-paying except for personal convenience / budgeting reasons.

Depending on when you booked, you can "lock in" the lower DSC rate that was in effect, either $12 / day or $12.95 / day per person. That can save you $1.50 per day per person because the DSC is now $13.50.

It's high finance. There are a ton of comments about the time value of money, how much interest you could earn on that $1.50 per day per person if you put it in an interest bearing account, how much money NCL earns on the funds when you deposit them early and how that's simply corporate greed, how some are playing into the man's hand by pre-paying, how only cheerleaders or whiners prepay, etc. It's funny how a total of $21 per couple per week could generate so much conversation!

If you booked after the increase to $13.50 there is no advantage to pre-paying except for personal convenience / budgeting reasons.

Really not about the money and more about trying to pay something online....which is not working correct;)

Really not about the money and more about trying to pay something online....which is not working correct;)

Two people asked why people said you could save money by booking on line. Didn't mean any offense by the sarcasm about the extreme positions people took on the issue over the past few months!

The NCL web site is horrible. It is pretty, but not functional, kind of like some of those people you dated before you found "the one". For some unknown reason marketers think we want to see huge animated images instead of the information we are seeking, and really want to close a pop up on every page we visit. Oh, and let's do all that fancy stuff instead of making the thing actually work.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I would give them a call. Last time I checked, the PCCs could add the DSC to your final payment, where the website will charge you at the time you prepay them (well, if the website ever worked).

I've been trying to prepay mine since I booked in April. I try about once every week or two online and always get the same error message result. Called NCL a few times to do it over the phone and every time I've called they couldn't apply it on their end either. We don't have an issue paying the increased price, so I've given up and will just pay it on-board.

I've been trying to prepay mine since I booked in April. I try about once every week or two online and always get the same error message result. Called NCL a few times to do it over the phone and every time I've called they couldn't apply it on their end either. We don't have an issue paying the increased price, so I've given up and will just pay it on-board.

I too wouldn't have a problem paying the higher price but as NCL has promised me $12pppd in writing and can't fulfill that promise in advance, I'll request a refund after the cruise.