Luggage tags

Maybebabey1

Getting ready to take my very first cruise ever and I'm very excited! I'll be on the Celebrity Constellation in January. I've been reading through the boards and picking up all sorts of useful tips and hints, but I just haven't seemed to find the answer to my one question. It's probably right in front of me like that proverbial snake that would have bitten me.

Anyway, how and when do you get your luggage tags? Do they automatically mail them to you once you've completed your on-line check-in? Do you have to request them somewhere?

I'd appreciate any help with this! Thanks!

You can print off the luggage tags when you print your Express Pass before you leave. Celebrity also will mail them to you but you have to request that. Once you do your online check-in and it's with-in 45 days (not sure on that) you can request luggage tags be mailed to you.

You can print off the luggage tags when you print your Express Pass before you leave. Celebrity also will mail them to you but you have to request that. Once you do your online check-in and it's with-in 45 days (not sure on that) you can request luggage tags be mailed to you.

Thanks for all the info! Do you know how you request them? I mean, whether there is a place online to do it or if you have to call them? I'm really looking forward to this trip but I am a planner and will fret on everything until I'm on the ship!

Thanks for all the info! Do you know how you request them? I mean, whether there is a place online to do it or if you have to call them? I'm really looking forward to this trip but I am a planner and will fret on everything until I'm on the ship!

It will show up on your online check in page and look like this (scroll down to the smaller red bubble).

22493142135_747e8e8e79_b.jpg

At least, if Celebrity's website is working that day. :)

Seriously though, I know it's exciting to have the 'real' tags, but for my first cruise I booked at t-minus five days, and there was no time for me to get tags mailed. I followed a youtube tutorial using a roll of clear packing tape and made my own (print them from site). It was all good. :)

Edited by perditax

Which cruise line will you be sailing on?

Each cruise line has a different place for you to mark as to how many luggage tags you will need.

If you are flying to your embarkation port, don't put on the paper tags until after you have claimed your luggage after your flight.

When we started to have to print our own tags for HAL back in 2009, I made plastic sleeves to insert the tags. Punched holes in them and attached them with cable tags. I have used the same plastic sleeves for quite a few cruises.

It will show up on your online check in page and look like this (scroll down to the smaller red bubble).

Seriously though, I know it's exciting to have the 'real' tags, but for my first cruise I booked at t-minus five days, and there was no time for me to get tags mailed. I followed a youtube tutorial using a roll of clear packing tape and made my own (print them from site). It was all good. :)

Thanks again everyone! It is so useful to have a place like this that I can get information for those who have done this before and aren't stumbling around in the dark. This is exactly what I needed. The visual is much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know if everyone in your party has to be checked in for this option to show up? I haven't seen this anywhere yet, but there is one person who still hasn't finished check in.