TCM cruise on Disney Magic

NJCruiser923

2015 included Eva Marie saint, ruta lee, louis gossett jr, Kate MacMurray Fred's daughter, roger Corman, Angie Dickinson.

Thank you this information. Movie titles just popped into my head reading those names.

We still haven't received any emails from Sixthman/TCM, but we checked the availability on Thursday and we surprise at the prices for the remaining rooms. We realized we could do a 15 day transcanal on Princess for a similar price. I am now not sure we are willing to spend to much on a single one week Caribbean cruise.

I have been dreaming about a TCM cruise forever!

I can't believe I actually got the timing right and booked, not only that but two of my dear friends are able to go as well! All three of us are booked with our spouses.

My question is how is seating assigned? We all have late seating for dinner but how are tables assigned. We usually link our reservation numbers and magically we are all at the same table each night. Does anyone have experience with this on Sixthman cruises or the TCM specifically?

Also, is it like summer camp and there are theme nights like Casablanca night or Marx Brothers night where we should dress for the occasion?

Silly questions I am sure but hoping someone knows the answers.

Thanks in advance.

We have been on all the TCM cruises. And have also done lots of Disney cruises.

We haven't traveled with anyone but I'm sure you can request a table together. Just call sixth man. They are very helpful. They can put it your record so Disney sees it

We always do late dining too. Generally it is not full because people are st movies or interviews, etc. We have always been assigned a 6 or 8 person table but rarely get more than one other couple. It's too bad. The Disney dining is unique and the dining rooms are lovely But the schedule always allows for both seating. So if there is a movie or interview scheduled during lste seating it will generally be repeated later in week during the early s seating hours.

There is a dress up theme night. Some people dress, others don't. My husband and I do. H brings his tux. I bring ng long gown. It's fun. Others even wear costumes. This is the first seven day cruise TCM has had so there could even be two theme nights.

A few months ahead you will receive the schedule along with a list of special guests.

We have lived all the TCM cruises. I'm sure you will too.

Thank you CedricandSophie! We are so looking forward to this cruise! It seems like there is very little info on specifics from previous TCM Cruises, so I appreciate any tips. Do you have any Navigators from the cruise?

No but you can count to on a few things. Sail away party introducing all the stars, lots of movies some with interviews with the stars in them, other conversations with the stars, a theme night or two, trivia with Alec Trebek, bingo with Ben, various wine and cocktail tastings, very little Disney stuff, piano music, dance music. You won't get your Disney reservation number until about 4 to 5 weeks before. At that time you can access the web site to see excursions, make spa reservations, make dinner reservations in palo or Remy or both. I highly recommend palo which is 30 a person plus tip. We have not done Remy but the hear it's great. It's 75 per person. Every time we have eaten in Palo we have been with stars. Had dinner two tables over from Ruchard Dreyfus and was at the same bar with him later. Had drinks next to Shirley jones at the Palo bar. Met Robert Wagner at the piano bar. They tend to be out and about. Some more than others.

I know that the thread has gone another way since the OP's post, but I'm curious to know more about the kitchen noise situation. How big is the food prep area? I'm curious to know how many cabins on deck 2 are likely to experience noise issues. (As might be expected, I'm booked in a deck 2 cabin for my next cruise, though quite a bit forward from where the OP's room was.)

I know that the thread has gone another way since the OP's post, but I'm curious to know more about the kitchen noise situation. How big is the food prep area? I'm curious to know how many cabins on deck 2 are likely to experience noise issues. (As might be expected, I'm booked in a deck 2 cabin for my next cruise, though quite a bit forward from where the OP's room was.)

They must be referring to a crew kitchen on the lower levels. We have not done a tour of the behind the scenes area of the Fantasy, and I haven't been able to locate a map of those areas. Maybe a former crew member can confirm.

Edited by wdrl

They must be referring to a crew kitchen on the lower levels. We have not done a tour of the behind the scenes area of the Fantasy, and I haven't been able to locate a map of those areas. Maybe a former crew member can confirm.

I'm pretty sure they aren't, and here's why.

I've shaded the Staterooms in blue that are directly below Lumiere's and Carioca's galleys and circled the OP's Stateroom with a red box.

I've also roughly outlined the crew mess and crew mess galley in green.

Slide1_1.jpg

As you can see the OP's Stateroom is nowhere near the crew mess galley.

I would think it was from Cariocas galley above.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Just to add that the OP in this thread was sailing a TCM cruise on the Magic and the TCM cruise now being discussed is on the Fantasy.

wdrl, my post above is for the Magic layout, as I *think* bcakes is speaking about the Magic. bcakes can you confirm?

ex techie

We each received an email from TCM Cruise at 1:59PM. However my email has an hour earlier booking information for 03/10/16 11:30 ET despite the fact that DH registered at least an hour before I did. I only registered because the Sixthman letter sent to DH after enrolling said all members of the party should register.

We just checked an it still shows an ocean view (8B/8C - $2650) available but then next one available is for a Balcony Verandah 5C at $3200 per person.

• 2 months later...

My wife and I were thinking about a TCM Cruise but we wondered how many kids are on them as opposed to a typical Disney cruise (We've all been on three Disney cruises). Is it mostly adults or would there be enough kids to make my kids feel comfortable? They are 12 and 9. Any input about this greatly appreciated!

There are very few children. But those children that are onboard are probably all in the kids programs so you don't see them often. There are no characters except those that come to kids programs. And there are no Disney shows. Instead there are lots of movies and interviews with the celebrities most of which your kids will never have heard of. All that said there are still the great dining rooms and staff and the islands plus castaway cay. The pools are pretty empty and the slide is generally line free. Personally I wouldn't bring kids but they could have a great time if they are open to new experiences.

They actually might get a lot more attention from the crew and in the clubs.

I do think they would be disappointed if they have been on 3 Disney cruises, though. If you think they would enjoy a non-Disney cruise, it will probably be fine. You'd just have to let them know that it is a not a regular Disney cruise.