Galapagos schedule changed, any warnings?

mugtech

Ecuador just proclaimed 60 days of national emergency for 17 provinces concerning the projected weather said to be the worst El Nino this century. Not sure how this has affected the Galapagos cruises, I noticed the insides are all listed as sold out and the outside cabins are listed as at least $3,999 per cruiser. How big is the ship that sails those 7 day cruises?

El Nino is a description of sea temperatures....not of sea swells or waves....so I'm not sure why El Nino would have any effect on the Xpedition.

Supposedly the warmer sea Temps will result in more rain and storms, according to Ecuador.

Ecuador just proclaimed 60 days of national emergency for 17 provinces concerning the projected weather said to be the worst El Nino this century. Not sure how this has affected the Galapagos cruises, I noticed the insides are all listed as sold out and the outside cabins are listed as at least $3,999 per cruiser. How big is the ship that sails those 7 day cruises?

The ship is small when compared to other Celebrity ships, but it is the largest ship that can sail the Galapagos Islands. The Xpedition carries less than 100 passengers, and all of the cabins are outside cabins with a single hallway running down the middle of the ship between the cabins.

The ship is small when compared to other Celebrity ships, but it is the largest ship that can sail the Galapagos Islands. The Xpedition carries less than 100 passengers, and all of the cabins are outside cabins with a single hallway running down the middle of the ship between the cabins.

Thank you. Based on prices I figured it was more like a river cruiser, but 100 passengers is very small, sounds like it would have a tuffer time in a storm.