Right Choice? Fascination

Dpondex

Received a call from the "Upgrade Fairy" yesterday for a Junior Suite on the Fascination, but declined. She mentioned I could call back today to get added to a wait list so that is what I did today. Well, low and behold another Junior Suite was available. Was this fate? Time will tell! Anyways, my original booking was for an interior on the Empress Deck for three of us in a room. Did I make the right choice to upgrade for a total of $382(including vacation protection)? Don't want to have buyer's remorse.

Thanks in Advance!

Depends on what you initially paid for your cruise and what your reason for booking the Fascination was. We were also offered a Junior Suite when we sailed on the Fascination the last time (we had originally paid $229pp and our main reason for choosing that cruise was because it was dirt cheap and we wanted to keep it that way). For us, it made no sense to upgrade because an additional $400 meant that we were almost doubling the cost of our cruise for a stateroom that we really didn't care about, so we declined. But we hope that you enjoy it!

Received a call from the "Upgrade Fairy" yesterday for a Junior Suite on the Fascination, but declined. She mentioned I could call back today to get added to a wait list so that is what I did today. Well, low and behold another Junior Suite was available. Was this fate? Time will tell! Anyways, my original booking was for an interior on the Empress Deck for three of us in a room. Did I make the right choice to upgrade for a total of $382(including vacation protection)? Don't want to have buyer's remorse.

Thanks in Advance!

Sounds like a good deal. Did you purchase your cruise directly or from a TA?

Thanks in Advance!

I agree with Tapi's comments. However, if you're happy with the "upsell", that's all that matters Don't second guess yourself.

Thanks in Advance!

Sounds like a good deal. Did you purchase your cruise directly or from a TA?

If you would be happy moving from an interior to a Balcony cabin then you made the right choice for you.

As a heads up a Jr Suite on a Fantasy class ship is pretty close in size to a Balcony cabin on a larger ship but are nicely decorated. They are on deck 11 and look down on the Lido deck instead of down onto the water. The rooms are under the spa and gym on deck 12 but the balcony is open so will have a lot of sunshine. If you received "obstructed view" you would be behind the life boats, otherwise you will have a good view.

Thanks in Advance!

For us, yes - that is a no-brainer as you now have a balcony. Sit on it when you wake up, when you come back from shore, and of course, in the evenings - but try to keep the light off as it is much better for star gazing! But for many, once you go balcony, you never go back....