Can we cancel excursions booked with cruise line?

My sister and I are presently taking scuba courses with hopes of diving on or cruise in March. Niether of us are finished yet, but we are told that the dive excursions fill up rather quickly. My sis is worried that we won't get in if we don't book early. I am worried that if either or both of us don't manage to get our open water certificate we will be stuck paying for something we can't use.

My question is, can we book the excursion and cancel without penalty as long as we cancel before a certain number of days before our sailing date? Or are we stuck?

Thanks,

S.G.

My sister and I are presently taking scuba courses with hopes of diving on or cruise in March. Niether of us are finished yet, but we are told that the dive excursions fill up rather quickly. My sis is worried that we won't get in if we don't book early. I am worried that if either or both of us don't manage to get our open water certificate we will be stuck paying for something we can't use.

My question is, can we book the excursion and cancel without penalty as long as we cancel before a certain number of days before our sailing date? Or are we stuck?

Thanks,

S.G.

You should be able to cancel the excursion as long as your outside of 10 days of cruise or when your onboard you'll be able to cancel 24 hours before excursion takes place.

Yes, you can cancel them, and if you book online, you can cancel on line. It is pretty easy. I think you have to cancel at least 10 days before your scheduled cruise date, but check the website and it will tell you. I booked and canceled 3 excursions on my last cruise after finding better excursions for less money through outside vendors.

Book in advance, you can always cancel.

Don't dare watch the movie "Open Water" and make sure you make lots of friends onboard the dive boat before the dive. Then, stay close to the group during the dive.

And...don't dare watch the movie "Open Water".

some excursions like the America's Cup and the BOB underwater adventure have limited capacity and can fill up quickly, so it is advisable to book this type of excursion online if possible to be sure that you can participate. As others have said, if you should change your mind you can cancel when you are onboard as long as you do so before the deadline (usually 24 hours). :)

Yes,

we canceled a dolphin excursion we had booked with RCI after we found we would have a better experience booking directly with Dophin Discovery in Cozumel. We had no problem though we changed ours months in advance so not sure about changing last minute..................MJN

Guest Jaxmania

We booked an excursion on line to St. John while docked in St. Thomas on The Mariner of the Seas.

The weather looked really rough the day before we arrived in St. Thomas so I took the tickets for the excursion to the desk and cancelled. They credited by shipboard account with the amount of the excursion.

I am worried that if either or both of us don't manage to get our open water certificate we will be stuck paying for something we can't use.

I bet you could schedule with someone down there to do your OW dive and get certified. I know you can do this on Grand Cayman. I would do a Google search and contact the dive shops directly. Make sure you go to some dive websites before you book, though, and make sure the dive shop has good reviews.

Archived