Alaska Ships for HAL ?

koss78b2

For the ships HAL uses for Alaska, I like to ask can you access the bow more easily on those ships? or more less the viewing areas of the ship outside? is it more open compared to larger ships? as in can you access bow or see more areas outside during an Alaska Cruise?

For the ships HAL uses for Alaska, I like to ask can you access the bow more easily on those ships? or more less the viewing areas of the ship outside? is it more open compared to larger ships? as in can you access bow or see more areas outside during an Alaska Cruise?

While the bow is only opened for glacier viewing, the promenade deck (all the way around the ship) and the top deck is available for viewing throughout the cruise (weather permitting).:):)

Cheers!

We've been to Alaska on HAL twice and going again next August. I think HAL ships are the best for Alaska because of the promenade deck going all the way around the ship. We had a balcony room but still spent a lot of time during the day on the promenade. Lots of "whale watching".

They open the bow when you are in the glacier area and the ship rotates around to give great views of the glaciers. Also, if you want to stay warmer, the crows nest has great views. They serve hot chocolate and hot pea soup out on the bowl. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!