Northern Europe

pmcubed

I have only cruised in the Caribbean - knew I would live in my swimsuit most days.

This summer we are going on a Northern European cruise - to Iceland. I know I need to pack layers and be prepared for cooler temps and rain, but what about in the main dining room.

How will the ladies be dressed on casual and gala nights? What kinds of outfits will I need there?

any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Pat

we have done a Baltic Cruise as well as Norway/Iceland (don't miss swimming in the Blue Lagoon). Dining room temps were not much cooler than other cruises (Celebrity ships so can't comment about other lines). However, many Europeans on these cruises and overall everyone tends to be somewhat more dressy - I brought more casual dresses with me for dinner or nice pants with nice tops (often 3/4 sleeves or a light sweater). Enjoy.

On most cruise lines when you sail Europe you will find that many guests are a bit more dressy.

While they do their best to maintain a comfortable temperature inside the ship, sometimes it can be a bit cooler so just be prepared for that.

You are very wise to layer clothing for your cruise. In terms of Iceland, I highly recommend waterproof jacket with hood and if you have it waterproof pants. It can be not only rainy but also windy there and the odds say you will have some of this. You might be lucky and not have that type of weather but again I have found it best to be prepared.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Been to Norway twice and Alaska once. Generally, while inside the ship I wore dresses and skirts. I have yet to take a sweater to dinner on a ship.

The difference is when you walk outside where you will want some kind of warmer layer.

Most days when we were off the ship I wore a long sleeve shirt, a hoodie or zip sweater, and a jacket on top.

I have tons of pics on my trip report from 2012 and it will give you an idea of the general clothing I wore on the trip.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1671304&highlight=syrreal+review+norway