Carrying soda and wine onboard

SmittyCo

Just a quick question...

So they will completely open your 12 pack? Do they tape it back up for you so it's easy to carry on? My husband was going to carry on a 12 pack of pepsi for me, but we weren't going to put it in anything, just carry the box. If they open it, that makes it a little difficult to carry...

We just brought a 12-pack of Coke Zero on the Glory from Miami last Saturday-- package stayed intact through the security check.

They saw the bottled water I had in the side pockets of my backpack-- I forgot they were there. They were really nice about asking me to dispose of them.

No issues for us in Miami.

When we sailed with Royal our rooms were not ready into the afternoon. If there a potential we might be stuck carrying sodas around? That doesn't sound desirable.

Yes....until rooms are ready you will be dragging around whatever you brought onboard...

Edited by GTO-Girl

• 1 month later...
You can bring both twelve 12oz cans and a 750mL bottle of wine per person, correct? Can you mix and match the cans (e.g. 4 coke, 4 red bull, and 4 juice)?

Yes, you can bring cans and a bottle of wine. There is nothing stating that all of the cans must be the same so yes, you should be able to mix and match.

Yes, you can bring cans and a bottle of wine. There is nothing stating that all of the cans must be the same so yes, you should be able to mix and match.

Thanks! It's our first cruise and I wanted to be sure I understood the policy correctly.

Thanks! It's our first cruise and I wanted to be sure I understood the policy correctly.

Hope you enjoy your cruise. And just to let you know, each adult (21 and over) in the cabin can bring 1x750ml bottle. I don't drink wine so my wife gets 2 bottles to enjoy on our cruises (her bottle and my bottle).