Need GLORY info?...Here it is!! Just back!

CeleBrat

Question for adbnva or anyone else that has the answer. What kind of soup did they have at the fish and chips place and did it change daily? I am really into seafood soups, except clam, and was just wondering what kind. We are going in December for our first Glory cruise. Thanks

loveJake...

I am trying my darndest to remember about the seafood soup on the Glory. Heaven knows I've spent enough time up there getting fried oysters. But, I'm not a big fish soup fan (except for clam chowder). I do not believe the soup changed - I think it was just bouillabaisse. I believe that there is one day that the Chinese area in the buffet has a fish soup at lunch time.

If you like seafood, be sure to go to the lunch buffet the day you board. They have the BEST rice with shrimp and scallop dish that I have ever eaten. The scallops are unbelievable. They melt in your mouth. Everytime I go, I'm afraid they won't have it...but they always have. I'm counting on it again in 2 weeks!

I will be sure to check out the soup that the f&c place offers and report back when I return. I'll be posting on the 22nd or 23rd.

Best scallops I've ever had - anywhere! And, the good news is that you can get them in a dish on the buffet later in the week, at the Chinese line once, and in the dining room one evening. (All excellent but I just love the rice dish they are in on embarkation day.) Don't know where they get 'em from but they are out of this world. The lobsters are fab too. I know where they get those - Belize. Belize supplies Red Lobster's lobsters too. But, I've never had them nearly as sweet and tender as they are on the Glory. Dang! I'm hungry now. :)

Beach4Me - I just got off the Glory this past Saturday, and am pretty sure they still had the scallops at the buffet on embarkation day. I remember my dad asking why I didn't have scallops since they are my favorite. But, I went straight for the fish & chips -- I wanted to compare to the QM2. Not even close. QM2 hands down had the best fish & chips I've ever eaten.

As for the lobster, go to the supper club if you haven't been there yet. They serve a 12oz. tail and it was VERY good. 100% better than the dining room. My family and I went on Sunday night to the supper club, then had formal night in the dining room on Monday, so I had back-to-back nights of lobster to compare. Much, much, much better upstairs.

Christine

We are going to be on the Glory for the week of Thanksgiving. We cant wait! Reading this board has really gotten us excited.

I have a question for those who have sailed on Glory recently. What excursions did you do? We are thinking of doing the Cave tubing in Belize based on the posts from this board. Have not made up our minds on the other ports yet.

I have also heard that there is a coffee bar on the Glory. Is there an additional cost for the drinks there?

Thanks for all the info and the great review!!!

My family and I didn't do any tours on this cruise. However, the Cave Tubing excursions were cancelled last week due to rain. It is my understanding the caves had too much water to operate the excursion. This is what I had heard from someone in our Cruise Critic group that had this excursion booked. It didn't rain while we were there, but apparently Belize had recieved quite a bit of rain shortly before we arrived.

Creams is the coffee bar, and is located on Deck 5 - Promenade about mid-ship. Yes, they do charge extra for coffees and desserts served there.

Christine

Just one month from today, I leave on the Glory western Carib. Sooooo excited since a lot of nice things ( I got my dream job) have happened lately, this will be just one more! My 1A guarantee hasn't been assigned yet and all the balconys are sold out so I'm not planning on an upgrade (giggle), but so long as it's not a hammock!

The dream job? Safari guide on the Kilamanjaro Safari at Disney World! Jambo everybody!

Way cool, sorcha!!! Congrats on a great job...and on booking a great ship.

Thanks for the info, NbN. I've never been tempted to eat in the supper club. Glad to know the lobster is really good in there. I really enjoy it in the regular dining room so it must be good in the supper club.

For those asking about the coffee bar, be sure to stop by there and get some chocolate covered strawberries. 5 for $3. EXCELLENT!!! And the cake's not half bad either! :) Since I typically don't like desserts in the dining room - not my first choice and usually too full to enjoy what they do offer anyway - I stop by Creams and get something later in the evening. Everything in the dessert line is very reasonably priced (most things just a couple dollars) and it's oh-so-good!

Yeah I am only 37 days away .... and can't wait. DH is very happy about the scallops and the carrot cake .. I think I seen a menu somewhere and it was like $2. I seen some pics of Creams and the cakes they had there looked amazing and HUGE! We'll will be taking the stairs a lot! :D

We sailed the western itinerary on the Glory and absolutely loved Port Canaveral and the ship. We have sailed Carnival several times before, most recently the Triumph in March 2003. In terms of smoking, we noticed fewer areas to smoke on the Glory than 2 years ago on the Triumph. On the Triumph, it was one side of the ship. The Glory only had basically one side of the ship in the middle (that was our experience). I have friends that are die hard RCI cruisers and have sailed Carnival and won't sail Carnival again. While it's been years since we've sailed RCI, I am not interested in sailing that line but that's just me. The rooms are much smaller and the cost is signficantly more (my experience). Yes, there are a lot of people but try not to go to lunch right at noon time, etc. We found some great spots on deck 12 forward. There are restrooms and a small bar right near by. It's quiet and there is a big overhang by the doors so if you want to get some shade. Found chairs and room even mid-morning. Just a few steps to the slide as well. We would sail the Glory again in heartbeat! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived