Eden NSW Cruise Port ?

Ausie53

Eden NSW has been a cruise port for the past five years with many domestic and overseas ships visiting at certain times during the year. My question is to those who have visited by ship, what do you think of the port of Eden as a cruise destination and the shore excursions available to the passengers. Living in Eden for the past 11 years and being keen cruisers our self's, we would like some feed back from fellow cruisers on what could embellish their day visit.

I haven't been to Eden by cruise ship however, I have been to Eden numerous times. I suppose the whale watching would be rather seasonal and may not always coincide with the cruise .The museum, lighthouses and nature walks around the coastline my be utilised as activities but really not sure what shorex that the cruise line offers.

I haven't been to Eden for over 20 years and am looking forward to cruising there on dec 13th. As a local could you please tell me if there are likely to be any dolphins at this time of year? I realise we will be too late for the whales, but am taking my 2 grandaughters so seeing the dolphins would be special for them.

After my visit I will hopefully be able to answer your questions.

Have been to Eden on Holland America and really appreciated how the towns volunteers came out to assist everyone. The only problem I suppose is that having been to Eden by road twice before there was very little left for us to see. I quite enjoy just wandering up and down the shops peering in and having a coffee so that's not a problem. I like to see as many regional ports as possible included as they offer something a bit different to the capital cities and it's great for the areas economy. But more needs to be done so that ships can berth rather than tender. We're off to Maloolooba, Cooktown, Hamilton Is and Moreton Is on our next cruise and all are tender ports, so great that Eden allows ships to dock so you can get off and on more than once. It's a pretty town and I'd be more than happy to dock there again.

Tara Jane the dolphins come and go all year round,so the chance of seeing them is just luck, your best chance of seeing them would be to book a cruise on the "Cat Balou", which has bay trips, also freedom charters do bay cruises. The Pacific Dawn is in port today and the day you cruise into Eden we will be boarding Radiance of the seas for a Christmas cruise to the Pacific. Happy cruising.