RCI Bed Help!

pixiestyx

Was on the Allure 4/17 - 4/24. The beds had an egg crate foam topper on them. I really didn't care for it. I think it made for a hot bed. Kind of squishy too. I like a real hard mattress. Carnival beds are perfect for me. The pillows were meh. All in all, I slept pretty good considering.

Saggy, lumpy and trough-like.

I bring my own pillow. The ones on cruise ships are never right for me.

Thanks for that! I'm sailing in 5 weeks and I think I may buy a mattress topper. I always bring my own pillow. I have all sorts of orthopaedic and neuro problems and need a comfortable bed. The bed on the Freedom last year right after dry dock was awful. So was the one in DD & DSIL's room. I had asked for an egg crate more than 6 months pre cruise, but when I got to my room, I was told they were out of them.

This year, i'm traveling with DD who will be 5 months pregnant and I don't want her to be uncomfortable.

I do get it that a lot of people sleep on those mattresses every year, but replace them if they need it. These ships claim to be like 4 star hotels and most of them have very comfy mattresses!

Don't know what Royal Carib has done to their beds/mattresses but they are Terrible! The mattresses on the Majesty are horrible, we ended up having another mattress ADDED onto the original which helped a little, we have to request the same on Grandeur each time.... Come on RCCL, give your passengers a better night's sleep!

As long as the ships sail full they could care less how you feel.They probably feel these mattress will last longer.Hope your next cruise is great one.