RCI Bed Help!

pixiestyx

I just returned from a wonderful cruise on the AotS! We ended up booking two more on board 3-night on the enchantment in a few months and a 9-night on the Jewel this time next year.

The only sore spot on our trip was the bed! WTH did they find those things?!? It was awful. I emailed the concierge a couple weeks before our trip to request a foam topper (which I heard you could do through this forum). She emailed me back saying that they didn't have foam toppers, but another topper. I don't know what that pad was made of as it was the thinnest thing I'd ever seen. Our wonderful suite attendant Princess and the Pea'd us and piled up about 5 duvets on the bed, but it only did so much good.

We are planning on buying a fluffy topper and foam pad to bring in a spare suitcase on our upcoming trips so we can actually get a decent night sleep.

Are the beds on Enchantment or Jewel any better? We're in a GS on both.

Don't know what Royal Carib has done to their beds/mattresses but they are Terrible! The mattresses on the Majesty are horrible, we ended up having another mattress ADDED onto the original which helped a little, we have to request the same on Grandeur each time.... Come on RCCL, give your passengers a better night's sleep!

Don't know what Royal Carib has done to their beds/mattresses but they are Terrible! The mattresses on the Majesty are horrible, we ended up having another mattress ADDED onto the original which helped a little, we have to request the same on Grandeur each time.... Come on RCCL, give your passengers a better night's sleep!
Some of the best sleep I ever get is on RCL ships, love the mattresses!......:)

I have always loved the beds but on our last cruise on liberty in a GS the bed was so bad i had a backache and did not sleep well. I am hoping the beds on the anthem are better. I am bringing a air mattress just in case. :)

I thought the mattresses were the same on every ship? We have always loved them, but it is a matter of personal opinion. There is a chance you may have had a worn out one on your last cruise, but I'd be prepared as you are doing for next time.

So it seems like the mattresses vary from ship to ship or even room to room?

I'm just wondering how some people love the beds and other had experiences like mine.

As I mentioned above, even if your prefer a firm mattress those things that were on the Adventure were awful.

I don't know if I should expect the same for the Enchanment or the jewel or what.

We were on the Radiance and Freedom last year, and the beds were awful. We were told no more egg crates mattress toppers because of some health law. So instead people will start bringing them in an extra suitcase and leave them to just be discarded. I'm not sure why they can't get good mattresses like hotels.

So it seems like the mattresses vary from ship to ship or even room to room?

I'm just wondering how some people love the beds and other had experiences like mine.

As I mentioned above, even if your prefer a firm mattress those things that were on the Adventure were awful.

I don't know if I should expect the same for the Enchanment or the jewel or what.

Nope. We've Cruised on the Adventure four times, Explorer once, Liberty twice and the Jewel once and we had no issues with the beds/mattress. FYI...we prefer a firm mattress.

Edited by davekathy

Nope. We've Cruised on the Adventure four times, Explorer once, Liberty twice and the Jewel once and we had no issues with the beds/mattress. FYI...we prefer a firm mattress.

I could probably get over the firmness of the mattress. I've never encountered anybody who enjoys being able to feel the coils lol. That's what has me wondering if not all the beds are the same.

Maybe we need to move up in room category?

We were on the Radiance and Freedom last year, and the beds were awful. We were told no more egg crates mattress toppers because of some health law. So instead people will start bringing them in an extra suitcase and leave them to just be discarded. I'm not sure why they can't get good mattresses like hotels.

We were on Independence in July and got egg crates put on the first night with no problem

I could probably get over the firmness of the mattress. I've never encountered anybody who enjoys being able to feel the coils lol. That's what has me wondering if not all the beds are the same.

Maybe we need to move up in room category?

Never have felt the coils. Now that is entirely a different issue and I'm with you on that complaint.

My issue with the beds on the Radiance was they seem incapable of making the beds stay together. I woke up every morning with an arm and leg between the mattresses. Even after I went to guest services and they talked with the housekeeping supervisor on my deck to have it "double bound" or something.

On HAL they had a thing that went down the middle to eliminate the dip AND they had a strap to hold the mattresses together. Not sure why RCCL can't do the same thing.

As much as I hate a twin bed, I'm almost thinking I'll sleep better that way on the Brilliance cruise. Can you ask to have them separated a night or two into the cruise if it's not working with them together? (It's a 12-nighter, so...)

Some of the best sleep I ever get is on RCL ships, love the mattresses!......:)

I could not agree with you more. The 25 days I have slept aboard 4 different RCCL ships have been the best 25 nights of sleep I have had in my entire life. Cannot wait to retire and be able to cruise more than once per year just to sleep in those heavenly beds more often.

I just returned from a wonderful cruise on the AotS! We ended up booking two more on board 3-night on the enchantment in a few months and a 9-night on the Jewel this time next year.

The only sore spot on our trip was the bed! WTH did they find those things?!? It was awful. I emailed the concierge a couple weeks before our trip to request a foam topper (which I heard you could do through this forum). She emailed me back saying that they didn't have foam toppers, but another topper. I don't know what that pad was made of as it was the thinnest thing I'd ever seen. Our wonderful suite attendant Princess and the Pea'd us and piled up about 5 duvets on the bed, but it only did so much good.

We are planning on buying a fluffy topper and foam pad to bring in a spare suitcase on our upcoming trips so we can actually get a decent night sleep.

Are the beds on Enchantment or Jewel any better? We're in a GS on both.

I totally agree. Not had one decent mattress for a long time so have the same experience with extra duvets on top of mattress... They don't have the foam/egg crate anymore due to fire risk I was told.. The GS/OS I have had were a little better but overall seem to be getting worse. But it won't stop me cruising I guess.....lol

Just got off 10 day Serenade...mattress was awful..hard as a rock. I was so tired at night and dreaded getting into bed each night. Our Explorer trip last fall had hard bed too( steward put folded duvet on my side...some better)...but our other cruises in years before had comfortable mattresses. Go figure. I asked for an egg crate and was ignored...oh well.