Join us for a live chat with Christopher Edgington, VP Marketing P&O Cruises

Adam Coulter

Never had a problem with the free wifi on Cunard Dai, always managed to connect without a problem....I think free wifi would be a great perk if they were to bring it in..I think they will take away the discount which will be a shame as every little helps with our bar bill! :D

I agree we never had any problems on our recent cruise on QM2 and with the free internet given on P&O cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure that getting rid of the "dated elements" would help. We are talking about P&O.

What exactly were you thinking of?

The free WIFI I think is a non starter until they sort the connection and band width.

Have you seen the M&S loyalty scheme? Basically the more points you accrue you 'unlock' offers. It's my personal opinion but I think generations to come will be less concerned with a hierarchical approach of set benefits and lapel pins, and more engaged with some sort of choice of freebie.

So with some sort of 'M&S' approach; for those at the lower end of the points scale that might mean a choice between a free glass of fizz or a coffee voucher and at the higher end of the scale it could be a free excursion, bottle of wine, wifi minutes, or even something like speciality afternoon tea - they could potentially give multiple offers depending on points and the size of the reward they want to give.

P&O have data on current cost of providing benefits for each tier (including hidden costs such as time), number of points across the customer base, data around profit margins gained from frequent cruisers v high spenders etc. and it would be easier to make suggestions with that level of knowledge!

If they switched to something like this existing points could be transferred across and they could potentially change the arrangement for future accrual which could be based on spend as some have mentioned - thus honouring current loyalty recognition, but changing the accrual method for the future (if it is in their interest to do so).

I think change always brings with it mixed responses based on individual circumstances, these are just a few ideas that I think would be good - for customers and P&O alike, of course others may have different and better ideas.

Although we might lose some benefits we currently enjoy these would be offset by the opportunity to choose something you would also like. With M&S they ask your interests and supposedly the offers you receive are tailored to you - good idea but in its infancy so I will watch with interest how it pans out.