Help please - Notarized letter for grandkids

KJsNana

Taking grandbabies on their first cruise for one of their birthdays. Anyway, what is needed to be in the notarized letter from our daughter? I just want to make sure that everything is covered within the document so there are no issues embarking. Any examples would be great. Also, if the parents aren't married to each other, do I need to obtain a notarized letter from the other parent? Thanks

In her letter of Authorization, she should have her full name, Date stating she gives you ------ name, authorization to take her child ( Full Name ) on the particular sailing, with the date, name of ship also giving you authority to make any medical decisions in the event the child needs to see the Dr. I would bring the childs bith Certificate. I believe i saw an actual written letter posted and will see if I can locate this. I did find this sample letter which can be modified to fit the circumstances.

CONSENT FOR MINOR CHILDREN TO TRAVEL

Date:_____________________

I (we):______________________________________________________________

authorize my/our minor child(ren):___________________________________________

to travel to:_________________________________ on:_________________________

aboard Airline/Flight Number/:________________________________________

and/or Cruise Ship:_____________________________________________ with:

____________________________________________________________. Their expected

date of return is _______________________.

In addition, I (we) authorize:______________________________________ to consent

to any necessary routine or emergency medical treatment during the aforementioned trip.

Signed:_________________________________ (Parent)

Signed:_________________________________ (Parent)

Address:________________________________________

Telephone:______________________________________

Sworn to and signed before me, a Notary Public,

this _______ day of _______________, 20____

Notary Public Signature and Seal

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Whether you need letters from both parents will probably depend on what name is on the childs birth certificate.

If you can get them both to sign the same letter than no worries.

The above template is good, but I would add any ports of call with dates as well just to be thorough.

To Whom it May Concern

I, Mothers name, formally mothers maiden name (mother), do give permission for your name to take my daughter, childs name, whose date of birth is childs birthdate, on a cruise aboard Royal Caribbean’s Ship Name sailing from Departure Port on Sail Date.

The cruise is scheduled to go to itinerary but I understand that the itinerary is subject to change and agree to any changes the cruise line may make.

I also give your name permission to secure and authorize any medical treatment that childs name may need while in their care and to sign any waivers needed to authorize any activities childs name may want to partake in.

Signed this day of 2015 in Brevard County Florida

Mothers name

STATE OF FLORIDA

COUNTY OF ________

Sworn to and subscribed before me this _____ day of _____, 2015, by

Signature Florida Notary Public ________________________________

Notary Stamp

Personally Known ______ OR Produced Identification _______

Type of Identification Produced_______________________________________________

Here is what I used for years, I always got one from the Mother and one from the Father, which meant they could get them notarized separately.

This is the word from RCI's website (same info for international and domestic cruises). And since there is a birthday involved, please note: An individual's age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for the entire cruise vacation.

What travel documents and identification will I need for domestic sailings - Royal Caribbean International Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them are required to present the child's valid passport and visa or the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy) and an original notarized letter signed by at least one of the child's parents. The notarized letter from the child's parent must authorize the traveling adult to take the child on the specific cruise, must authorize guardian to sign legal documentation/waivers for participation in any activities requiring them (i.e. Rock Climbing, Flowrider, Bungee Trampoline, Inline Skating, or Ice Skating) and must authorize the traveling adult to supervise the child and permit any medical treatment that must be administered to the child. If a non-parent adult is a Legal Guardian, the adult must present a certified certificate of Guardianship with respect to the child.

Have a great cruise! :)

Taking grandbabies on their first cruise for one of their birthdays. Anyway, what is needed to be in the notarized letter from our daughter? I just want to make sure that everything is covered within the document so there are no issues embarking. Any examples would be great. Also, if the parents aren't married to each other, do I need to obtain a notarized letter from the other parent? Thanks

I would strongly suggest you contact Royal Caribbean and ask them. They are the ones you'll need to satisfy. Get agents name and have them email you the information.

To Whom it May Concern

I, Mothers name, formally mothers maiden name (mother), do give permission for your name to take my daughter, childs name, whose date of birth is childs birthdate, on a cruise aboard Royal Caribbean’s Ship Name sailing from Departure Port on Sail Date.

The cruise is scheduled to go to itinerary but I understand that the itinerary is subject to change and agree to any changes the cruise line may make.

I also give your name permission to secure and authorize any medical treatment that childs name may need while in their care and to sign any waivers needed to authorize any activities childs name may want to partake in.

Signed this day of 2015 in Brevard County Florida

Mothers name

STATE OF FLORIDA

COUNTY OF ________

Sworn to and subscribed before me this _____ day of _____, 2015, by

Signature Florida Notary Public ________________________________

Notary Stamp

Personally Known ______ OR Produced Identification _______

Type of Identification Produced_______________________________________________

Here is what I used for years, I always got one from the Mother and one from the Father, which meant they could get them notarized separately.

uksimonusa....Thanks so much! Typing this up tonight so I can get these done in next day or two.

This is the word from RCI's website (same info for international and domestic cruises). And since there is a birthday involved, please note: An individual's age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for the entire cruise vacation.

What travel documents and identification will I need for domestic sailings - Royal Caribbean International Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them are required to present the child's valid passport and visa or the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy) and an original notarized letter signed by at least one of the child's parents. The notarized letter from the child's parent must authorize the traveling adult to take the child on the specific cruise, must authorize guardian to sign legal documentation/waivers for participation in any activities requiring them (i.e. Rock Climbing, Flowrider, Bungee Trampoline, Inline Skating, or Ice Skating) and must authorize the traveling adult to supervise the child and permit any medical treatment that must be administered to the child. If a non-parent adult is a Legal Guardian, the adult must present a certified certificate of Guardianship with respect to the child.

Have a great cruise! :)

Thanks a bunch! I thought I had seen something on the site regarding the notarized letter from 1 parent but when I went to look for it again I couldn't find it lol.

uksimonusa....Thanks so much! Typing this up tonight so I can get these done in next day or two.

You're welcome, we normally travel from Florida so don't fly, in the one or two instances we did fly, then I added a paragraph for the airline as well, although were never asked for it