Cruising with kids on the Jade

Shila16

We are taking our 6 and 4 year old daughters on the Jade Jan. 9th. They asked Santa for a cruise for Christmas. Lol. How is the children's program? Anything I should know about cruising with children? How busy is the children's program? I have cruised on carnival before and there are tons of kids. The childcare program was packed with kids. Can they eat at the specialty restaurants? Want is the cost? Me and my husband have the specialty dinning package included but not for the children. Thank you in advance for all the questions! :)

We are taking our 6 and 4 year old daughters on the Jade Jan. 9th. They asked Santa for a cruise for Christmas. Lol. How is the children's program? Anything I should know about cruising with children? How busy is the children's program? I have cruised on carnival before and there are tons of kids. The childcare program was packed with kids. Can they eat at the specialty restaurants? Want is the cost? Me and my husband have the specialty dinning package included but not for the children. Thank you in advance for all the questions! :)

If your children eat off the everyday children's menu there will be no charge for them in the specialty restaurants. Otherwise with the new a la carte pricing I am not sure if they will pay full price or half price. Things are a bit in flux right now concerning the dining.

There is a great children's program on Norwegian ships and depending on the time of year you go there could be lots or not so many. Most people comment that their children really either love love the programming or just hate it. It is said that the most important day would be sign-up day and that is the only time adults are allowed in the area.

I hope you have a great cruise!

We just got off the Jade with my 8yo nephew. We previously cruised on NCL and he enjoys the Kids Club so will often spend a couple sessions (Morning from 9-1130, Afternoon from 2-5, or Night from 7-1030) on sea days. He never has a complaint and seems to enjoy it. Compared to our last cruise, Getaway (mostly broadway dance/song shows), he spent less time in the kids club at night since the shows seemed more enjoyable for a kid (magic, juggling comedian, etc). As a result he mostly spent time during the morning/afternoon on Day 2 and Day 6/7 sea days. Since you are not going during a holiday there won't be a ton of kids on the boat and shouldn't be any trouble getting them in.

We purchase the UDP/SDP plan for the nephew since he gets a kick out of eating off the adult menu. The pricing for kids is clear though for at least 6 months. If your kids eat off the adult menu they pay the full cover charge or need the SDP plan. If they eat off kids menu they pay 0.

Let me know if you want more info, I'm no cruise expert but we've done two with kid in last 6 months.

I'm curious how the kids club is on the Jade as well. Contemplating booking a Feb 2016 sailing. I have a just-turNed 5 year old.

We were on the Breakaway earlier this year (he was 4 at the time) and my son LOVED the kids club. The splash academy crew was outstanding. They all knew my son by name and just loved him to pieces. We were sad to say goodbye to them on the last day. My son also loved the activities - scavenger hunts, different themed nights, a performance show on the last sea day for the parents. I would imagine the structure of the program/content is relatively the same. Hoping the staff is just as awesome as on the Breakaway!!

Edited by PyrHeaven
Typo