Quick notes on Sky 11/23/15 4 day

TAYLORCPA

I'm not going to write a long review but here are my thoughts:

Embarkation was quick and easy. We arrived at the port about 12:45 and since we had priority boarding, we were on the ship and having lunch by 1:30. I'm not sure what time all rooms were ready.

Buffet - Other than the hamburgers and hot dogs, I felt like I was in the school cafeteria at the end of the month when they were trying to use everything up. I thought there were strange combinations of foods and very few dessert choices. It was crowded and some people don't understand the concept of a line. We only had lunch there one day. We walked thru every day to get dipped ice cream and the only flavors they had were vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. Soft serve vanilla and chocolate were always available. We got pizza and pasta at La Cucina one day. The pizza was not very good and the pasta bar did not have as many choices as what was on the Pearl.

Since we had the UDP, we ate at either Le Bistro or Cagneys. We enjoyed the food at both, but the sides at Cagneys were cold. Service was good but slow. We did not eat at the main dining rooms.

We are not heavy drinkers but got several soft drinks at the bars. The pool bar has two signs that say, order drinks here. We were served quickly but again, some people don't understand what a line is. I saw several servers walking around the pool area.

We did not get off the ship at Freeport because we had planned to go to Lucayan but it was so windy that we did not think it would be worth the trip. At Nassau, we took the ship excursion to Blue Lagoon and enjoyed it. It was windy and there were protected places where the kids could enjoy the water. After rushing back to the ship at Nassau, they announced we would not be going to GSC the next day. That day at sea was windy again and they had the pool closed for a while. The pool deck was packed! DH took the kids to a movie in the theater and I went to the spa.

We were in an aft penthouse and enjoyed the quiet of our suite! We were only able to enjoy the balcony a few hours because it was so windy. We ate breakfast every morning at Cagneys. Our concierge found us at least twice a day and our butler was available but not over the top.

Overall, we had a great time but I'm not sure I would sail the Sky again. If you have specific questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Thank you for your review. My husband and I are taking a 4 day on the Sky to the Bahamas next November. We booked Suite 9202.

Can you talk more about the pizza? On our first cruise earlier this year, we were in one of the Grand Suites with Extended Balcony on the Carnival Ecstasy. Their pizza is EXTREMELY thin - we didn't like it all that much.

The crust is hand tossed. The sauce was tomato sauce without any seasonings. There was lots of cheese but it was not good. Since there was a long line it was not cooked enough. Keep in mind this is only my opinion and others might think it was the best pizza ever.

• 2 months later...
I'm not going to write a long review but here are my thoughts:

Embarkation was quick and easy. We arrived at the port about 12:45 and since we had priority boarding, we were on the ship and having lunch by 1:30. I'm not sure what time all rooms were ready.

Buffet - Other than the hamburgers and hot dogs, I felt like I was in the school cafeteria at the end of the month when they were trying to use everything up. I thought there were strange combinations of foods and very few dessert choices. It was crowded and some people don't understand the concept of a line. We only had lunch there one day. We walked thru every day to get dipped ice cream and the only flavors they had were vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. Soft serve vanilla and chocolate were always available. We got pizza and pasta at La Cucina one day. The pizza was not very good and the pasta bar did not have as many choices as what was on the Pearl.

Since we had the UDP, we ate at either Le Bistro or Cagneys. We enjoyed the food at both, but the sides at Cagneys were cold. Service was good but slow. We did not eat at the main dining rooms.

We are not heavy drinkers but got several soft drinks at the bars. The pool bar has two signs that say, order drinks here. We were served quickly but again, some people don't understand what a line is. I saw several servers walking around the pool area.

We did not get off the ship at Freeport because we had planned to go to Lucayan but it was so windy that we did not think it would be worth the trip. At Nassau, we took the ship excursion to Blue Lagoon and enjoyed it. It was windy and there were protected places where the kids could enjoy the water. After rushing back to the ship at Nassau, they announced we would not be going to GSC the next day. That day at sea was windy again and they had the pool closed for a while. The pool deck was packed! DH took the kids to a movie in the theater and I went to the spa.

We were in an aft penthouse and enjoyed the quiet of our suite! We were only able to enjoy the balcony a few hours because it was so windy. We ate breakfast every morning at Cagneys. Our concierge found us at least twice a day and our butler was available but not over the top.

Overall, we had a great time but I'm not sure I would sail the Sky again. If you have specific questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Where were the soft serve ice cream machines located and do you remember what hours they were open?