Cunard Reveals Details of Queen Mary 2 Buffet Refurbishment

LauraS

As someone who use Kings Court for evenig meal most of the time it looks really good. I think the previous set up was for when almost everyone wanted to dine formally, times change and less formal does not mean scruffy or chaotic. We will get the best of both worlds with this set up. Some will belittle but we have to move with the times.

Hello,I am sure it has all been said many times, probably by better people than I.The main reason we have only done one cruise on QM2 is down to the Kings Court and nothing more.I really do struggle to find the words to describe it.Role on post refit as we would dearly love to try her again.

Rodger.

Edited by branston boy

Looks like a nice improvement.

Keith

To use a particular phrase -"the proof of the pudding will be in the eating". Personally, I try to refrain from the buffets. I presume speciality dining will continue, I wonder about Chefs Galley?

To use a particular phrase -"the proof of the pudding will be in the eating". Personally, I try to refrain from the buffets. I presume speciality dining will continue, I wonder about Chefs Galley?

Or "the devil's in the details"...

Hello,I am sure it has all been said many times, probably by better people than I.The main reason we have only done one cruise on QM2 is down to the Kings Court and nothing more.I really do struggle to find the words to describe it.Role on post refit as we would dearly love to try her again.

Rodger.

Times have certainly changed when the "cafeteria" becomes the most important aspect of a grand ocean liner:). Over the years I have read more complaints about Kings Court than all other parts of the ship combined.

On our earlier voyages our experience with K.C. has been limited to passing through during inclement weather and giving in to the temptation to the occasional soft ice cream. On our sixth crossing we decided to have a light lunch; being in a Britannia stateroom and boarding at 12:00 it seemed a good reason to try it out. I couldn't figure what the fuss was about. The food was good and we didn't find the layout at all confusing. Mind you, I am not a fan of buffets at sea for a variety of reasons so it is unlikely this will become a regular experience.

The projected appearance of K.C. in the evening is no doubt more appealing. It's amazing what a table-cloth will do. Perhaps this will increase its appeal, especially to men who think the requirement to slip on a jacket (even without a tie) should qualify them for a medal.