AFT balcony or mini suite

stitchintime

I am currently booked in an aft balcony room on the Norwegian Star. I have the opportunity to upgrade to a mini suite for less money because of a price drop. My main concern is I do not know if the size difference of the balcony in a mini suite is that much different than the aft balcony. Has anyone every stayed in both type rooms? I am very undecided about what to do. I appreciate any advice anyone can give.

You can find out the exact dimensions as well as ameneties by acting as though you are booking the room on the NCL site. Just before you actually book the room, there is a link that will give you a pop up with the details.

There is a link also posted here on the site that is even easier, but not sure how to direct you to it. In any event,the NCL site route is quite easy too.

I would stay with the aft especially if you are on deck ten. Those two cabins have a balcony that is twice the size of a mini. I have to admit I love aft balconies with a great view and no wind.

I have a BA on deck ten aft booked for my Dawn cruise in Feb. The only reasonI would move is if you have more the two in the cabin. The mini is much better for that third person.

I turned down a free upgrade to a mini on my last cruise on the STAR, the aft cabins are my favorite. We were able to see several dolphins playing in the wake, several different days as we headed south from our balcony. The BA cabins on the aft of deck 9 and 10 have larger balconys than the mini's suites. I think the 2 BAs on deck 8 have about the same size balconys. The BA cabins are probably be a bit smaller inside, and I believe the minis have bath tubs.

Archived