Shipboard credit

artypharty

Just wanted to let everyone know... I am brand new to MSC, but so far, customer service couldn't be better. I just noticed on line that the Cyber Monday sale was still showing up, with Shipboard credit offered that I didn't currently have.

I called to inquire and I have now canceled, rebooked and have saved $30 in standard cruise fare and gained $300 (balcony cabin) in shipboard credit. Woo Hoo. I'm posting in the hopes that others can take advantage of this!

Looking forward to my first MSC cruise!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Just wanted to let everyone know... I am brand new to MSC, but so far, customer service couldn't be better. I just noticed on line that the Cyber Monday sale was still showing up, with Shipboard credit offered that I didn't currently have.

I called to inquire and I have now canceled, rebooked and have saved $30 in standard cruise fare and gained $300 (balcony cabin) in shipboard credit. Woo Hoo. I'm posting in the hopes that others can take advantage of this!

Looking forward to my first MSC cruise!!!!

Was your OBC shown as $300 or $150 with two names listed. I was told $300 but it currently showing the $150 with both of our names listed right below.

Thanks

Dave

Was your OBC shown as $300 or $150 with two names listed. I was told $300 but it currently showing the $150 with both of our names listed right below.

Thanks

Dave

Ours shows $150 for each of us. $150 shows up under my name and $150 under DH's name.

Vicki

Just be ware that ship board credit is just that ship board. It can only be used against purchases taken on board the ship or your gratuities. If you purchase excursions, drinks packages or other products and services online prior to departure, you cannot put the cost of these against your OBC.

The trade off is the possibility of non-availability of an excursion if you wait to book on board or booking immediately to secure your place.

Edited by tomvet