What extras do you get in a inaugural cruise?

We are on the 7th sailing by my calculations--do you think some of the kinks will be worked out?

It may depend on what the kinks are but by the seventh week things should be going pretty smoothly. Even before the inaugural sailing there will be the transatlantic and a number of short cruises as the ship moves down the East Coast to Miami, so they will have a lot of time to become acquainted with the ship and with one another. When the Radiance had all its problems, it only took a few weeks to work them out.

Darn, I booked on the inaugural caribbean voyage thinking it'd be a monsterous celebration (beyond the usual outstanding time) with all sorts of !blam!. I've since booked on the week after (the 11th) and currently have both booked while I search around for info on what's normal during an inaugural. From how it sounds, I'm better off saving the mega bucks and taking the room on the 11th :-/

BTW: My room would be on the 10th floor (1534) 2 rooms from the bridge-area. Does anyone know if the hammer-head bridge is a significant visual annoyance when that close?

I would have liked to have gotten a room with the pullman beds for the kids instead of the sleeper sofa, but there weren't any available... and, oddly enough, the E style balcony rooms (the ones with pullmans) don't even show up as a sold-out option on the 6/11 cruise, while they do show up as sold-out options on the 6/4 cruise. Anyone have any ideas on why that is?

This'll be our 2nd cruise. The first was on the Mariner last year. We figured we could make another round on the same ports. The wifey l-o-v-e-d stingray city... if only there were a tour that let you hang out there for several hours!

ZiggleFlig

This'll be our 2nd cruise. The first was on the Mariner last year. We figured we could make another round on the same ports. The wifey l-o-v-e-d stingray city... if only there were a tour that let you hang out there for several hours!

ZiggleFlig

Although not part of a cruise, if your wife loves stingrays you should check out Discovery Cove in Orlando. www.discoverycove.com They plug the dolphin experience, but the best part of the park is their stingray pool -- you can swim with them all day long if you want, and feedings are at least 3x a day. I absolutely loved it!

Archived