Dubai Cruises - Which Cruise Line?

evanston

Looking at taking a week cruise from Dubai to Oman and Abu Dhabi. RCCL, MSC and Costa all operate on that route and for that time frame. Any recommendations/suggestions on which line to select?

I have sailed with RCI and MSC from Dubai sailing around the Emirates and had a great time. Am lucky in that my son and his family are based in Dubai love it there and have visited several times. So much to see and do and I never felt unsafe even going out and about on my own. The people are friendly, everywhere is clean and of course the weather is wonderful

I did a review of my cruises from Dubai which you might like to check out

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/membersreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=217006

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/membersreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=253499

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/membersreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=2730288

Hope these will help you decide

Regards

Suzanne (Suron)

Edited by suron
Spelling

I have done the RCI cruise from Dubai and enjoyed it. If one of the itineraries includes an overnight in Muscat when there is a performance at the Royal Opera House scheduled, that would influence my decision:) The Opera House features world famous performers in a variety of genres including jazz, ballet, and theater.

http://www.rohmuscat.org.om/

Azamara also sails a similar route and is what I just booked. I am curious as to what others say as I was debating between RCCL, MSC and Costa because of the huge cost difference.

Azamara includes things in their pricing that the others don't (perhaps tips, wine with lunch or dinner etc) so compare the amenities offered between all of them. Azamara often spends longer time in port also.

Thanks Lilybob. I have sailed with Azamara once before and they do include many things others do not such as tips, alcohol (rail and certain call liquors as well as wine and beer), bottled water, and soda. They also have 4 overnights in port and call on more ports on this itinerary. But, it is around a $2000 price jump to sail Azamara for a 10 day vs. the 7 day offerings on other lines. I suspect most people choose the line they are most familiar with but unfortunately mine, Holland America, doesn't have this itinerary.

Edited by elusive_23

I am booked on a Celebrity Arabian Gulf cruise next year. I have been eyeing this area for awhile now and looking at different lines. This cruise is great because of all the overnights. It does start in Abu Dhabi though.

Anyway....here is the itinerary

Mon Jan 2 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Tue Jan 3 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 1:00 PM

Wed Jan 4 Muscat, Oman 12:00 PM

Thu Jan 5 Muscat, Oman 11:59 PM

Fri Jan 6 At Sea

Sat Jan 7 Khasab, Oman 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sun Jan 8 Dubai, United Arab Emirates 7:00 AM

Mon Jan 9 Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Tue Jan 10 Dubai, United Arab Emirates 10:00 PM

Wed Jan 11 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 5:00 AM

They are doing one in December, same itinerary but different order and times

Sat Dec 10 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 6:00 PM

Sun Dec 11 Dubai, United Arab Emirates 7:00 AM

Mon Dec 12 Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Tue Dec 13 Dubai, United Arab Emirates 5:00 PM

Wed Dec 14 Muscat, Oman 1:00 PM

Thu Dec 15 Muscat, Oman 11:59 PM

Fri Dec 16 At Sea

Sat Dec 17 Khasab, Oman 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Sun Dec 18 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 7:00 AM

Mon Dec 19 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Anyway, the prices are insanely good when you factor in all the overnights. It is a great deal for 9 days on Celebrity.

I am booked on a Celebrity Arabian Gulf cruise next year. I have been eyeing this area for awhile now and looking at different lines. This cruise is great because of all the overnights. It does start in Abu Dhabi though.

Anyway, the prices are insanely good when you factor in all the overnights. It is a great deal for 9 days on Celebrity.

So many overnights....that is great! Keep your eyes peeled for the opening of The Louvre Abu Dhabi and the Opera House in Dubai. Both are scheduled to open sometime in 2016.