Shore Excursion Prices

Mrs Miggins

Can anyone tell me how to see the Shore Excursion Prices. We are booked on Viking in September 2016 but when I log on to the planner it says I cannot see the excursions for another 227 days.

We are also booked on an Azamara cruise and I can see full details of the shore excursions including prices online.

To be fair it is probable that we will be mostly DIY but we have had some great days out on previous cruises with private tours arranged through cruise critic roll calls - but I do need to see the comparison before making any decisions.

Yes the planner doesn't seem to help with planning, does it? ;)

The prices of each excursion do show up against the itinerary for the cruise on the Viking website (for you http://www.vikingcruises.co.uk/oceans/cruise-destinations). Find your trip, select the itinerary and then for each day browse each excursion (yep, one by one). In the title of the Quick Look splash-screen version it will give the price.

Edited by pudgey

We took all the included excursions at no additional cost. Since this was our first visit to Croatia and Montenegro we were very happy with the included excursions. The ports we had visited before we thought we might be less happy duplicating a previous excursion but we found all ports offered new facts and backstories even when looking at the exact same structures. We justified the high cost of Viking by factoring in using the included tours. The one port (Venice) where we paid $129 each extra was very disappointing and we wished we had NOT opted to pay extra for a tour "UPGRADE". Terry

Can anyone tell me how to see the Shore Excursion Prices. We are booked on Viking in September 2016 but when I log on to the planner it says I cannot see the excursions for another 227 days.

We are also booked on an Azamara cruise and I can see full details of the shore excursions including prices online.

To be fair it is probable that we will be mostly DIY but we have had some great days out on previous cruises with private tours arranged through cruise critic roll calls - but I do need to see the comparison before making any decisions.

Hi Mrs Miggins Are you on the Viking Homelands Cruise leaving 4th September.

Thanks for the information - at least I can see the prices now. We are on Empires of the Mediterranean from Istanbul to Venice on 25th Sept. We have been to all the ports several times before, with the exception of Kotor and Pula. There is no activity on the roll call yet so it may not be possible to share private tours. To be fair I am anti ships tours - but I can't complain if they are included in the price.

Just booked an Azamara Athens to Nice next May - the shore excursion prices are very high and we will definitely be DIY.

We took all the included excursions at no additional cost. Since this was our first visit to Croatia and Montenegro we were very happy with the included excursions. The ports we had visited before we thought we might be less happy duplicating a previous excursion but we found all ports offered new facts and backstories even when looking at the exact same structures. We justified the high cost of Viking by factoring in using the included tours. The one port (Venice) where we paid $129 each extra was very disappointing and we wished we had NOT opted to pay extra for a tour "UPGRADE". Terry

Dear Terry,

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment with the optional tour in Venice. We are interested in hearing more about your experience in regards to this tour and hope you will contact us at tellus@vikingcruises.com so that we may discuss in further detail. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback, we hope to hear from you soon! Kind regards, Viking Cruises

Dear Terry,

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment with the optional tour in Venice. We are interested in hearing more about your experience in regards to this tour and hope you will contact us at tellus@vikingcruises.com so that we may discuss in further detail. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback, we hope to hear from you soon! Kind regards, Viking Cruises

You have mail:)

• 4 weeks later...

Probably because there are so many excursions for each port, VO doesn't provide a downloadable PDF version of each cruise itinerary such as they do for VR. However, if you have the patience and skill, you can use an open source tool like PDFCreator and display each excursion (from the main VO site not the MyVikingJourney site), printing each to PDF setting the PDFCreator to hold them for merging. What I'm . doing right now is merging them grouped by port. Then you can save print them out with everything shown including prices.

• 1 month later...
Probably because there are so many excursions for each port, VO doesn't provide a downloadable PDF version of each cruise itinerary such as they do for VR. However, if you have the patience and skill, you can use an open source tool like PDFCreator and display each excursion (from the main VO site not the MyVikingJourney site), printing each to PDF setting the PDFCreator to hold them for merging. What I'm . doing right now is merging them grouped by port. Then you can save print them out with everything shown including prices.

I wouldn't mind doing that if I could even find the optional tours listed on the VO site. I saw them once upon a time and now they have disappeared. Very frustrating. I asked my TA to try to get them and she was told that they aren't available yet. Time to write tellus@vikingcruises.com to express my dismay and disappointment.

If you go to the Viking Oceans Main site and choose cruises, it will take you to a page with all the different cruises. Chose the cruise you are interested in and you will be taken to another page with a cruise overview on the left hand side. If you pick a port you can see the excursions including the price.:)