Outdoor aquariums at Atlantis?

karen_g

I read a posting recently where someone said that she visited both the Digs and the " outdoor aquariums " at the Atlantis. What sort of outdoor aquarium areas are there? If I pay the $29 to visit the Digs, do I also get to visit the outdoor exhibits?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

The outdoor aquarium is free to the public. It's just basically walking around and looking into pools filled with fish. The indoor aquarium is much nicer to see. We didn't pay to see the indoor aquarium, but there is a stretch of the aquarium in front of a restaurant that we were able to walk around and view. $29 is really steep to see an aquarium to me.

Actually, the outdoor aquariums are NOT open to the public, non-guests are not allowed to wander the grounds freely. Occasionally someone will get by security and enjoy the property, but that is rare. Even the cruise tours are GUIDED tours and don't allow tours to wander to certain parts of the property. There are many outdoor lagoons for guests to view with Sharks, Stingrays, turtles etc. Most are NOT accessible by tours.

The $29 pass to view the digs allows you to view a small portion of the property in a guided tour. You walk thru the DIGs, Tunnels and exhibits and end up at one of the lagoons.

To view a part of the aquarium for free, you can head to the Great Hall of Water restaurant. The restaurant is surrouned with about 100 feet of aquarium leading to the DIGS entry point.

This is more than enough to thrill the kids. There's sharks, rays, lobsters,and even a giant Ray with a wing span of about 8 feet.

Hi there,

We just got back from Nassau on the Navigator. We did the Harbor Cruise and Discover Atlantis tour which is way over priced and not as represented! The hotel is beautiful but we would have been better off just taking a taxi and walking around any accessible areas of the hotel. We walked through the digs which is just a replica and not that interesting. Can't imagine paying $29 to see it! The aquarium was interesting but could have lived without it! The tour was just not as represented with the 30 minute Harbor Cruise consisting of a 15 minute water taxi ride with a little narration and no punch! The hotel is worth seeing but the tour is not!

As Scubagirrl has pointed out previously, the security guards leave The Dig around 8 to 9pm and then it's unofficially open for free. I took my group there this past Saturday evening around 10:30pm and we had a nice walk-through. For free it's beautiful and impressive.....if you're paying $29 to see it prepare for a feeling that you got ripped-off..because you did!

If you're on a cruise that stays late in Nassau, strongly suggest you visit for free later in the evening.

BobK/Orlando

Archived