Deck 9 Aft on Dream??

jealdaka

I'm seeing some aft balconies on Dream for very little more than the regular balconies. I have had aft on other lines (and loved them) but not on Carnival. Any thoughts on these particular ones? On most ships they go quickly so that makes me wonder if there is a reason they are available.

Perhaps the reason is because these rooms have the public lido deck right above it. Deck chairs near the aft pool will be moved around (chair scraping sounds coming through) early in the morning by staff, and at times during the day by guests. There have been some complaints about chair scraping sounds. But I don't know how big of a deal that really is.

Keep in mind that deck 5 has a public lanai (outdoor walkway) that circles the entire ship. All balconies above deck 5 will see this deck when you look down. Only the cove balconies (my favorite kind of balcony) on deck 2 will see water when they look straight down. Some people don't care one way or the other, while others absolutely hate seeing a public deck when they look down.

Our first cruise we had an aft balcony on the dream on deck nine. I can't remember the room number but it was in the middle. The balcony is way bigger than the reg. balcony but being on deck nine there is an overhang. This makes the balcony very warm. We did not get any breezes but the view from the balcony is amazing. Also, to my husband and my surprise we didn't hear anything from the lido deck above.

So I would say it's a personnel choice to choose one of these balconies. As I stated before the view is unbelievable but it is rather warm out there and you do have the overhang. Have a great time cruising!!!!!!!:):)

We had an aft deck 9 wrap around on the Magic. The room was a little smaller due to the evacuation stairs and an electrical room next door. The actual balcony was huge, 3 deck chairs, 2 lounges and a table. No extra noises from above. But the view went on for ever and it was like our own secluded heaven.

• 4 weeks later...