Where to go for the Winter??

MtnBikerFallDown

Okay, I know it's April and no one even wants to think about winter, but...

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary in December 2005 (yes, we are planning WAAAAAY ahead). He wants to take me on a cruise. Obviously, I'm not stupid and said yes!!

A little background: We're in our thirties, kid-less, and have done two cruises with RCI. We enjoyed them, but the atmosphere is a little more twenty-something party scene than we are hunting. We'd like to try Princess as it seems to be a little more polished and a little lighter on the walkie-talkie toting factor. I'm a spa-junkie and my husband is an adventure guy. Total opposites, but we really have fun doing most anything.

So, when we got the Princess brochure (book is more like it), we got overwhelmed. I think they offer close to 4.8 million sailings and they all have just tiny differences. Like one port different.

So, now comes the request: Those of you who've sailed in the winter, give me a clue! What's fun, what's not. What ship is great in that area?

Also, if anyone has a note to add on what classes are fun to take (pottery? photography? napkin folding?), I'd like that, too!

In short, help us plan our vacation, folks. We're at a loss doing it ourselves!

If you are truly adventurous, you might want to take a cruise around South America. We took the Royal Princess from Buenos Aires to Santiago via Cape Horn in January of 2000. Some people took a tour before the cruise that went to the border of Brazil and Argentina to some spectacular falls. We got a chance to see Penguins nesting and just had a wonderful time. There are all sorts of interesting side trips.

I haven't been, but the folks we met on that trip had taken a cruise to Australia the year before. They were extremely pleased with that cruise.

If you want to stay close to home, there are lots of Caribbean itineraries - many of which go to places where there are major Mayan sites.

For us, being on the ship is the best part.

Hope this helps.

Roberta

My personal favorite in the caribbean is the 10 day round trip Panama canal from FLL. With stops in Cozumel, Costa Rica, and Grand Cayman it is long enough to be relaxing and has a nice mix of history and adventure.

Any where you cruise, is a vacation and a celebration. JMO

Enjoy

Jeanne-Marie

Caribbean Princess 10/16/2004

Triumph 4/26/2003

Triumph 4/13/2002

Sensation 96-01

Destiny 97

Costa Victoria 99

Horizon 95

Noordam 89

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

islesun_e0.gif

We've been cruising the past 6 yrs at xmas time.

Have done mostly Caribbean cruises. Also did r/t Panama Canal twice.

This yr. we'll be doing the Island Princess, 15 day r/t from LA, on Dec. 20. Seems to me, this would be perfect, for an anniversary.

Minette

Caribbean Princess......7/24/2004

Island Princess......12/20/2004

Archived