Customer service

Oldsweets

While we are looking forward to our upcoming Jan Cruise on Journey I will admit a bit of surprise with the results of my call yesterday to Azamara Customer Service. We had a question given we had booked a pre cruise hotel and transportation to the ship with Azamra. The question was regarding times so we could make a decision about booking an afternoon excursion from the port. The information sent out by Azamara said we would depart the hotel at 11 and take about 75 minutes to drive to the port. Azamara also posted get boarding wouldn't begin until either 3 or 4 ( sorry I don't recall) but this caused me to wonder what happens between our boarding time and arrival time to the pier. Not thinking to call my TA I called Azamara Customer service and got a rather terse lady who said call your TA and then guessed "maybe" we (Azamara) has other hotel pickups. I knew that Azamara wasn't the right folks to ask a rather simple question about its cruise and called my TA.

Bottom line my TA who I then called found that boarding starts at 1230 not the time posted by Azamara and that they are wanting everyone checked in if possible by 430 (reasonable but not published by Azamara). I failed to ask what time muster will be but I assume that it will be closer to our 11 pm sailing time on the 3rd. So we booked a 3 pm excursion after checkin going from the pier and getting us back 630 in time for dinner and muster drills. Bottom line don't depend on the paperwork or published information being put out as without checking it could have changed or simply been wrong.

Edited by Oldsweets
Spelling

Normally Muster Drill is about one hour before the ship leaves the port.

Coming back at 6:30 seems a little bit late, but you did not write, when is departure time.

Normally ships leave around 5 pm. If you are leaving Miami with the Journey at this time, you have to be onboard at least 2 hours before ship leaves port. Than they stop the check-in-process.

But maybe you have another cruise, like the Panamacanal cruise.

Than they leave at 11pm and you will have enough time when you check in and leave the ship for a tour.