Ideas/Speculation for the Homeport of Vista 2?

talkorpi

Lot's of rumors....... How does China grab you......

China? No thank you. I get that it's a growing market, but I feel like everyone is jumping the gun and sending too much over too fast. I thought that Port Canaveral or Galveston would have been suitable homeports, but with Magic and Breeze moving in the near future, I can't see it happening anymore. Perhaps she will receive a dome over a pool and head for New York?

Edited by talkorpi
Grammar Errors

New Orleans?

I think it's time we get a new(er) ship. The Dream was 5 years old when placed there. With the Breeze in Galveston, Magic in PC, and Vista in Miami, I would think NOLA would be the next port to get a newer ship. Either send the Vista 2 to NOLA or send Vista 1 once Vista 2 gets home ported in Miami. Send the Dream to New York.

Edited by stormy_weatherman

While it def could be true, I have never seen or heard that.

I have not heard that either, and I have read the agreement (or at least skimmed over it :D). The agreement between Carnival & POM states that the Vista must be ported in Miami for "a minimum of 24 months of the first 36 months" which begins Nov 2016. The agreement does mention the Vista's sister, but makes no mention that it must also be ported in Miami.

The full agreement can be read here

I may have misunderstood the deal. I am still surprised they haven't had a steel cutting ceremony or keel laying yet for her,

That is interesting and apart of my mind has it listed as disturbing. Hopefully I am jumping to conclusions.

I may have misunderstood the deal. I am still surprised they haven't had a steel cutting ceremony or keel laying yet for her,

I think everything is on schedule. Steel cutting for Vista was February 2014 for a Spring 2016 launch. So, if sister is coming Spring 2018 then steel cutting will be just after the new year in 2016. I think they won't release the name until Vista launches so they can get lots of traction out of her release.